Being injured in a car accident can turn your life upside down. The mounting medical bills and phone calls from insurance adjusters seem never ending, and many accident victims are unable to work due to their injuries. The experienced attorneys and legal staff at Davis Law Group can help you recover the highest possible level of financial compensation for your car accident claim.
Hiring a lawyer can improve the chances of a successful car accident settlement or jury verdict, and our excellent legal staff also handles all of the heavy lifting that is required for a successful outcome. This allows you and your loved ones to focus on healing and getting your lives back on track. And if you hire Davis Law Group to represent you, you will never have to speak to an insurance adjuster again. Call Davis Law Group at 206-727-4000 for a complimentary case review today.
Important Steps To Take After A Car Accident In Seattle
The car accident insurance claims process is complex, but there are a few crucial steps you can take to protect yourself and preserve your legal rights after a crash:
- Don't apologize or admit fault. Many accident victims complicate matters by apologizing to the other party, even if they didn't do anything wrong. It's important to avoid apologizing or doing anything that could be misconstrued as admitting fault for a collision, as the insurance company may attempt to use that against you later on.
- Decline quick settlement offers. We've seen first-hand how insurance companies will attempt to settle claims quickly, even before an accident victim understands the true extent of their injuries or other damages that may result from a collision. Contact an attorney before you sign anything for the insurance company.
- Focus on healing from your injuries. Medical evidence is crucial to any car accident injury claim, and it's important that you see a doctor as soon as you are able. Clear and timely medical records can help support your claim and limit the insurance company's defenses.
- Request a free legal consultation. The team of reputable attorneys at Davis Law Group, P.S. will review your case absolutely free of charge.
When Is It Worth Hiring A Car Accident Attorney?
At Davis Law Group, we represent clients on a contingency fee basis, which means our fees are contingent on a successful recovery for the client and are deducted as a percentage of the overall recovery. If you are considering hiring a personal injury attorney after an auto accident, you should consider whether you believe you may be able to get the best possible result on your own, or if an attorney may be able to achieve a better result even after considering the deduction of attorney's fees.
Of course, no attorney can accurately predict the true value of a case before that attorney has had a chance to thoroughly investigate and perform work on the case. But we have earned our reputation by providing subtantial value to our clients and recovering a higher level of compensation than they initially expect, and especially in comparison to the offers they received from the insurance company before hiring our firm.
What Is My Car Accident Case Worth?
The value of your case depends on a number of different factors, including:
Medical Expenses. You are entitled to compensation for all medical costs related to the injuries you suffered in a Seattle automobile collision. This includes past and future medical care.
Non-economic Damages. Pain and suffering, loss of consortium, and emotional trauma are common forms of non-economic damages after an accident.
Lost Wages & Earnings. Compensation for wage loss is usually based on how much money you would have earned if you had not been injured.
At-Fault Driver’s Insurance Coverage. Our legal team will investigate every possible avenue and source of recovery to ensure that you get what you deserve. If the at-fault driver was carrying a policy with low liability limits, we may be able to identify other sources of recovery.
Your Insurance Coverage. If you have Personal Injury Protection (PIP) or Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist (UM/UIM) coverage, your chances of being fairly compensated fully are much higher. Unfortunately, even your own insurance company is likely to put up a fight over these benefits.
Potential Litigation. Insurance companies want to avoid the risk of a jury awarding a large verdict to accident victims at all costs. Our experienced trial attorneys can help you get the best possible settlement.
Seattle Motor Vehicle Accidents - By The Numbers
Fatal accidents in Seattle declined by 5% from 2015 to 2016, which is much better than the national and Washington state trends.
Serious injuries for all types of Seattle traffic accidents increased by 19.6% from 143 to 171.
According to the Seattle Department of Transportation, these ten roadways are Seattle’s busiest during weekday rush hour traffic.
- West Seattle Bridge
- Aurora Avenue N south of Harrison
- East Marginal Way S south of S Alaska Street
- Mercer St. west of Fairview
- NE 45th St west of Roosevelt Way NE
- Montlake Blvd north of NE Pacific Pl
- 15th Avenue W north of W Armory Way
- Elliott Ave W southeast of W Mercer Place
- S Michigan St east of 6th Ave S
- Lake City Way NE southwest of NE 115th St
Common Types Of Car Accidents In Seattle
A car accident can happen in a number of different ways, and no two collisions are identical. Some of the more common types of collisions that we see at Davis Law Group include:
- Head-On Crashes: Two vehicles collide head-on, the violent impact can cause very serious injuries or death.
- Hit-And-Run Collisions: When the at-fault driver flees the scene of a collision.
- Rollover Accidents: These incidents typically occur when a vehicle is trying to avoid a collision or an object or animal in the roadway.
- Rear-End Impact: Liability for a rear-end crash typically rests on the following vehicle.
- T-Bone (Side-Impact) Wreck: Most commonly found at intersections where one driver has run a stop sign or red light.
- Pedestrian Accidents: Pedestrians are vulnerable to serious injury in a collision because they are not protected by a vehicle.
- Parking Lot Fender Bender: Parking lots are private property, which can cause a number of legal issues in the event of an accident.
- Freeway On-Ramp Or Off-Ramp Accidents: Improperly or illegally-parked vehicles can cause a serious collision on the on-ramp or off-ramp of a freeway or highway.
Common Causes Of Seattle Car Accidents
It is important to understand that all car accident cases are different and unique in some way or another. That being said, there are some common factors and causes that our lawyers often see in car crash cases, including:
- Distracted Driving: Drivers are often distracted by the cell phones, GPS systems, etc inside of the vehicle.
- Drunk Driving: Under the influence of alcohol .
- Drug Impairment: Under the influence of marijuana or other drugs.
- Dangerous Roadways: If a dangerous roadways or poor highway design.
- Teen Drivers: Inexperienced teen drivers may have a poor understanding of traffic laws.
- Reckless Driving: Vehicles traveling over the speed limit or following too closely.
- Roadway Debris: Unsecured loads can cause hazards from debris in the roadway.
- Uncontrolled Intersections: A lack of traffic control devices or signs.
- Illegal Turns: Illegal left-hand turns and U-turns at traffic signals or in uncontrolled intersections can lead to a serious accident.
- Speeding: Drivers traveling too fast for conditions.
- Snow Or Black Ice: Accident involving snow or ice on the roadway.
- Wrong-Way Drivers: Drivers who travel in the wrong direction of a road or highway.
Speak With An Experienced Attorney Today
A majority of car accident victims don’t fully understand their legal rights. At Davis Law Group, our legal team focuses on helping our clients understand the law, their own legal rights, and important aspects of the insurance claims process. Our award-winning lawyers are dedicated to helping you get the best possible result for your injury case.
Contact the award-winning team at Davis Law Group today to request a free legal consultation, via the contact form on this page or by calling our office in Seattle at (206) 727-4000.