Motorcycle Accident Lawsuits, Settlements & Verdicts in Washington State
Motorcycle riders are more often exposed to situations with a high risk of serious injuries from an accident than other drivers are. Many motorcyclists who are involved in a motorcycle accident in Washington State suffer severe injuries, physical pain, emotional distress, and financial hardships. The injuries and medical bills that accident victims are often faced with are not to be taken lightly, as they can significantly affect a victim's long-term future.
A majority of traffic accidents, including motorcycle accidents, typically occur because of the negligence of one or more people involved. Motorcyclists are especially at-risk of being hurt in an accident because motorcycles are often overlooked by other drivers due to their size. Often times the injuries received in a motorcycle accident are serious, long-lasting and catastrophic because motorcycles do not provide riders with adequate protection from serious injury like an automobile does.
Hiring A Motorcycle Collision Lawyer
Not all motorcycle accident victims need the assistance of a lawyer, but it may be in your best interests to at least discuss your case with an attorney to evaluate your options. There are a variety of laws regarding motorcycle accidents, so if you are searching for an attorney, make sure the one you choose has experience with motorcycle accident cases. A qualified and experienced attorney will make sure no one, including the insurance company, takes advantage of your legal rights.
Davis Law Group, P.S. founder Chris Davis is one of the most respected and recognized civil litigation lawyers practicing in Washington State. Davis Law Group has been named Best Injury Law Firm in Washington State by AI Dispute Resolution Awards.
If you or a loved one has been seriously injured in a motorcycle accident in Washington State contact attorney Chris Davis and the team at Davis Law Group at 206-727-4000 to schedule your free legal consultation.
Featured Motorcycle Accident Case Results
- $750,000 Settlement For Man Injured In Motorcycle Accident
- $500,000 Settlement For Motorcycle Accident Victim with Brain Injury
- $250,000 Settlement For Motorcyclist Injured In Hit-And-Run Crash
Motorcycle Accident Statistics
The following is a collection of motorcycle accident-related statistics, according to data from the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety (IIHS).
- The failure of motorists to detect and recognize motorcycles in traffic is the predominating cause of motorcycle accidents.
- The driver of the other vehicle involved in collision with the motorcycle did not see the motorcycle before the collision, or did not see the motorcycle until too late to avoid the collision.
- 54% of all reported fatal motorcycle crashes occurring nationally in 2008 involved multiple vehicle crashes and 46% occurred in single-vehicle crashes.
- Five crash types account for 86% of fatal motorcycle crashes: motorcycle exiting the roadway (41%), motorcycle or other vehicle runs traffic control (18%), head-on collision with another vehicle (11%), car turns in front of motorcycle (8%), and motorcycle goes down in roadway (7%).
- Forty-three percent of deaths in single-vehicle motorcycle crashes in 2008 included drivers with blood alcohol concentration at or above 0.08%.
- 91% of motorcycle deaths in 2008 were males. 64% of the females who died in a motorcycle crash were passengers. 99% of males who died were drivers.ws of Davis Law Group, P.S.
- $1,200,000 Motorcycle Hit By Motor Vehicle (Case No. 201094, Insurance Company: State Farm)
- $1,000,000 Motorcycle Hit Head-On By Car Making Illegal U-Turn (Case No. 200566, Insurance Company: Allstate)
- $795,000 Motorcycle Hit By SUV (Case No. 200925, Insurance Company: GEICO)
- $750,000 Settlement Motorcycle Injury Accident Read The Client Story
- $250,000 Motorcycle Rider Hit By Car On Highway 2 (Case No. 200937, Insurance Company: Middlesex)
- $250,000 Settlement for Motorcycle Accident Rider - Herniated Disc
- $200,000 Motorcycle Collision With Turning Vehicle (Case No. 200835, Insurance Company: Allstate)
- $180,000 Motorcycle Rear-Ended At Stop Lisght (Case No. 200528, Insurance Company: State Farm)
- $100,000 Motorcycle Hit By Car Making Unsafe Turn (Case No. 201428, Insurance Company: GEICO)
- $100,000 Motorcycle Crash Into Car Making Usafe Turn (Case No. 201002, Insurance Company: State Farm)
- $100,000 Motorcycle Accident Caused By Car (Case No. 201296, Insurance Company: Safeco)
- $77,295 Motorcycle Hit By Car In Boeing Parking Lot (Case No. 200875, Insurance Company: American Family)
- $70,000 Motorcycle Cut Off My Car (Case No. 200616, Insurance Company: Safeco)
- $50,000 Motorcycle Rear-Ended On Street (Case No. 200619, Insurance Company: GEICO)
- $50,000 Motorcycle Hit Head-On By Motor Vehicle (Case No. 200800, Insurance Company: Mutual of Enumclaw)
- $50,000 Motorcycle Hit By Vehicle Making U-Turn (Case No. 201202, Insurance Company: Ameriprise)