Motorcycle accidents often occur at high-speeds and the impact with another vehicle can leave victims with life-changing injuries. It's no surprise that these accidents have one of the highest serious injury rates of all types. The award-winning motorcycle accident lawyers at Davis Law Group, P.S. have helped injured motorcyclists throughout Washington state recover the compensation they deserve for nearly 25 years.
Trouble Paying Medical Bills
Motorcycle accident victims also typically face costly medical bills that can lead to financial disaster. Hiring an experienced attorney who understands the legal issues associated with motorcycle accident claims can improve your chances of recovering fair compensation and ensuring that your medical bills and other costs are not sent to a collections agency.
Our legal team is standing by to speak with you about your potential motorcycle accident claim, and our attorneys work on a contingency fee basis which means there are no up-front costs for hiring our lawyers. We also offer free legal consultations to injured victims. Call (206) 727-4000 or use the confidential contact form on this page to get started.
Featured Motorcycle Accident Settlements
Below are just a few of the motorcycle accident claims that have been successfully resolved by the motorcycle accident lawyers at Davis Law Group.
$1,200,000 Motorcycle Hit By Motor Vehicle (Case No. 201094, Insurance: State Farm)
$1,000,000 Motorcycle Hit Head-On By Car Making Illegal U-Turn (Case No. 200566, Insurance: Allstate)
$795,000 Motorcycle Hit By SUV (Case No. 200925, Insurance: GEICO)
$750,000 Settlement Motorcycle Injury Accident Read The Client Story
Motorcycle Accident Attorney Reviews
Hiring The Right Motorcycle Accident Lawyer
Not all motorcycle accident victims need the assistance of a lawyer, but it may be in your best interests to at least discuss your case with an attorney to evaluate your options. There are a variety of laws regarding motorcycle accidents, so if you are searching for an attorney, make sure the one you choose has experience with motorcycle accident cases. A qualified and experienced attorney will make sure no one, including the insurance company, takes advantage of your legal rights.
At Davis Law Group, we only agree to handle cases if we believe that we can add value to the case and provide a more favorable outcome than our clients would be able to achieve on their own. If we agree to handle your motorcycle accident case, we will fight the insurance company until they agree to fairly compensate you.
What Causes Motorcycle Accidents?
A majority of traffic accidents, including motorcycle accidents, typically occur because of the negligence of one or more people involved. Motorcyclists are especially at-risk of being hurt in an accident because motorcycles are often overlooked by other drivers due to their size.
Often times the injuries received in a motorcycle accident are serious, long-lasting and catastrophic because motorcycles do not provide riders with adequate protection from serious injury like an automobile does. Other common causes of motorcycle accidents include:
- Blind spots
- Distracted driving
- Failure to yield
- Drivers impaired by alcohol or drugs
- Road conditions
Common Motorcycle Accident Injuries
- Fractures & Broken Bones - Broken legs, arms, shoulders, and fractured pelvis injuries are among the more common types of serious injuries we often see in motorcycle accident cases. Motorcyclists are not protected from external impact, which is one of the main reasons that fractures to the extremities are so common.
- Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI) & Brain Damage - Head injuries are quite common in motorcycle accident cases, even in situations where the motorcyclist was wearing a helmet at the time of the collision. While helmet use does reduce the risk of death by an estimated 37%, the typical impact in these collisions can still be severe enough to cause a serious head injury.
- Road Rash - Because motorcyclists have limited protection, road rash and other injuries to a rider's skin are fairly common in motorcycle accidents even if there was never an actual collision. Simply laying down a motorcycle to avoid an accident will typically lead to road rash, and extreme cases can require extensive treatment and even plastic surgery.
- Biker's Arm - Biker's arm refers to nerve damage and potential paralysis of a rider's arm(s) that may receive the brunt of the impact if a rider falls off of their bike in an accident. This can occur to both arms and legs in serious accident cases.
- Facial Injuries & Disfigurement - Facial injuries are very common in serious motorcycle accidents as riders are often thrown from the bike at a very high rate of speed. These injuries require extensive medical treatment and take a long time to recover from.
Other Motorcycle Accident Legal Issues
Various local, county, and state government agencies may be responsible for ensuring that public roadways are properly maintained, that visibility is clear, and that intersections and other road features are properly designed to maximize safety. In some cases, a government agency - such as the Department of Transportation - or other third-party - such as a construction company or contractor - may be held liable for failing to properly follow regulations and procedures.
For example, construction of a roadway may require that workers place a steel plate in the road to cover areas that are undergoing maintenance. These steel plates can be a hazard to motorcyclists, and whoever is responsible for placing the steel plates must also place proper signage alerting all motorists of the hazard.
There are a number of similar legal issues that can affect the outcome of a motorcycle accident case. Our attorneys have represented injured motorcyclists for more than 20 years and are well-versed at determining who may be held legally responsible for a motorcycle accident.
Contact Our Motorcycle Accident Lawyers
If you or a loved one has been injured in a motorcycle accident, it is likely in your best interests to consult with an attorney experienced in representing motorcycle accident victims. Our lawyers offer a complimentary case review to anyone who has been injured in a motorcycle accident, and we offer free legal consultations with our legal team if we believe we can help resolve your claim.
Call our downtown Seattle office at (206) 727-4000 today or use the confidential contact form on this page to get started with the case review process. We work on a contingency fee basis, which means there are no up-front costs associated with hiring us and we only collect legal fees after your case has been successfully resolved.
Below are just a few of Davis Law Group's many motorcycle cases.
- $1,200,000 Motorcycle Hit By Motor Vehicle (Case No. 201094, Insurance: State Farm)
- $1,000,000 Motorcycle Hit Head-On By Car Making Illegal U-Turn (Case No. 200566, Insurance: Allstate)
- $795,000 Motorcycle Hit By SUV (Case No. 200925, Insurance: GEICO)
- $750,000 Settlement Motorcycle Injury Accident Read The Client Story
- $250,000 Motorcycle Rider Hit By Car On Highway 2 (Case No. 200937, Insurance: Middlesex)
- $250,000 Settlement for Motorcycle Accident Rider - Herniated Disc
- $200,000 Motorcycle Collision With Turning Vehicle (Case No. 200835, Insurance: Allstate)
- $200,000 Motorcyclist T-Boned By Speeding Car (Case No. 201353, Insurance Company: State Farm)
- $180,000 Motorcycle Rear-Ended At Stop Lisght (Case No. 200528, Insurance: State Farm)
- $100,000 Motorcycle Hit Car That Ran Red Light (Case No. 201167, Insurance Company: State Farm)
- $100,000 Motorcycle Hit By Car Making Unsafe Turn (Case No. 201428, Insurance: GEICO)
- $100,000 Motorcycle Crash Into Car Making Usafe Turn (Case No. 201002, Insurance: State Farm)
- $100,000 Motorcycle Accident Caused By Car (Case No. 201296, Insurance: Safeco)
- $77,295 Motorcycle Hit By Car In Boeing Parking Lot (Case No. 200875, Insurance: American Family)
- $70,000 Motorcycle Cut Off My Car (Case No. 200616, Insurance: Safeco)
- $50,000 Motorcycle Rear-Ended On Street (Case No. 200619, Insurance: GEICO)
- $50,000 Motorcycle Hit Head-On By Motor Vehicle (Case No. 200800, Insurance: Mutual of Enumclaw)
- $50,000 Motorcycle Hit By Vehicle Making U-Turn (Case No. 201202, Insurance: Ameriprise)