Overlake Hospital Medical Center is a regional medical center located in Bellevue offering a full range of advanced medical services to the Puget Sound Region. The hospital opened in 1960 and offers 349 beds. Overlake opened a helicopter landing pad in 2009 to receive cardiac and stroke patients.
Overlake has a Level III Trauma Center and is known for providing award-winning, compassionate and patient-centered care. There is no doubt that Overlake Hospital does an excellent job helping thousands of seriously injured patients every year.
However, the facility is not exempt from incidents involving medical malpractice or hospital negligence. In fact, there are medical malpractice and negligence cases at Overlake Hospital every year. If you or a loved one has been affected by medical malpractice at Overlake, contact Davis Law Group today by filling out our convenient medical malpractice questionnaire.
Types of Medical Malpractice
Proving a medical malpractice case is much different and more complex than with other personal injury claims. The facts surrounding your claim are based on past medical records and testimony from medical experts who are familiar with your type of case.
A “complex” case type simply means that expert testimony and medical records are a vital component to proving that the healthcare professional responsible for treating you did act negligently. The combination of strong medical evidence and qualified expert testimony gives victims the best possible chance of financial recovery.
Clear-Cut Case Types
- “Surgical Souvenirs” (i.e. sponges, clamps or other equipment that is left behind)
- Operating on the wrong body part or wrong side of the body
- Medication errors
- Failure to diagnose or properly treat a medical condition
- Birth injuries
- Plastic surgery errors
- Unnecessary surgical procedures
Complex Case Types
- Post-operation infections
- Dental mistakes
- Falls in hospitals or nursing homes
- Failure to monitor a patient
- Long-term treatment disputes
- Nursing home and elderly care incidents
Damages in a Medical Malpractice Case
First of all, you need to know if you qualify for damages in a medical malpractice case. If you cannot prove all of the below elements, you do not qualify to recover compensation:
- The doctor-patient relationship was established and the relationship existed at the time of the malpractice
- The medical professional’s actions or negligence was a breach of the duty of care
- You suffered injuries and damages
- Your injuries and damages are directly tied to the negligence of the doctor
Once you have proven all of the above items, you can focus on what types of compensation you may be owed. Those damages fall into two categories: economic damages and non-economic damages.
Economic damages include things like medical expenses, loss of income, as well as other out-of-pocket expenses related to the injury. All damages are particular to the individual case.
Non-economic damages are tougher to calculate and are largely subjective. You may hear the term “pain and suffering,” and the amount of compensation you are entitled to is up for debate. You cannot quantify physical pain, stress, the loss of a relationship, etc.
If you have any questions about your Overlake medical malpractice case, contact Davis Law Group today.
Overlake Hospital Medical Center News and Information
- Overlake Hospital Medical Center's Revenue, Assets & Compensation
- Jury finds Overlake Negligent After Patient Sexually Assaulted
- Wrongful Death Suit Filed After Overlake Discharged Psychiatric Patient
- Lawsuit Filed Against Overlake for Medical Negligence
Passionate Medical Malpractice Lawyers
The team at Davis Law Group has nearly 25 years of experience representing individuals and families who have been harmed by the professionals and techniques at Overlake they trusted to care for them in their time of need. Our Washington state medical malpractice attorneys have the knowledge and resources necessary as trial lawyers fighting to seek justice for those injured or killed by negligence and malpractice.
Contact Davis Law Group today for a free legal consultation with one of our passionate and understanding attorneys. Use the medical malpractice questionnaire and we will be in touch.