Medical Mistakes at Evergreen Hospital Medical Center
Evergreen Hospital Medical Center is one of the major hospitals in King County Public Hospital District No. 2 which includes medical groups, home care, hospice and many community health programs. Evergreen Hospital Medical Center helps thousands of people every year, but incidents of medical malpractice or hospital negligence can and do still happen. In fact, there are medical malpractice and negligence cases at Evergreen Hospital Medical Center every year.
Interesting Statistics: A new study has revealed startling statistics about the number of people killed each year in U.S. hospitals. That number is now estimated to be 195,000 people, or almost twice as many as were estimated in a 1998 report on the same subject.
Types of Medical Malpractice
Proving a medical malpractice case is much different and more complex than with other personal injury claims. The facts surrounding your claim are based on past medical records and testimony from medical experts who are familiar with your type of case.
A “complex” case type simply means that expert testimony and medical records are a vital component to proving that the healthcare professional responsible for treating you did act negligently. The combination of strong medical evidence and qualified expert testimony gives victims the best possible chance of financial recovery.
Clear-Cut Case Types
- “Surgical Souvenirs” (i.e. sponges, clamps or other equipment that is left behind)
- Operating on the wrong body part or wrong side of the body
- Medication errors
- Failure to diagnose or properly treat a medical condition
- Birth injuries
- Plastic surgery errors
- Unnecessary surgical procedures
More Complex Case Types
- Post-operation infections
- Dental mistakes
- Falls in hospitals or nursing homes
- Failure to monitor a patient
- Long-term treatment disputes
- Nursing home and elderly care incidents