Davis Law Group’s Scholar Athlete Program™ is an annual scholarship program that was initially launched to recognize exceptional student athletes who perform well in the classroom as well as on the field. Anyone is eligible to nominate a scholar; parents, coaches, peers, teammates, teacher or school administrators.
How The Scholar Athlete Program Works:
From September 2018 through May 2019, one high school senior in Washington state will be chosen monthly as the Davis Law Group Scholar Athlete of the Month and given a $100 scholarship to acknowledge their academic and athletic commitment.
A total of nine (9) monthly scholarship recipients will be selected. After all nine (9) recipients are announced, scholars have the choice to enter the Sportsmanship Essay Contest for a chance to win an additional scholarship award. The Winner will receive an additional $1000 scholarship award.
Davis Law Group commends all student athletes for their exceptional dedication and hard work. If you have further questions regarding this program, feel free to contact our office.
2018-19 Scholar Athlete Program Timeline:
- August 6th, 2018 - Davis Law Group begins accepting Nominations.
- September 4th, 2018 – Winners are selected monthly and are awarded the $100 “Scholar Athlete of the Month” Scholarship through the Month of May.
- May 17th, 2019 - Last day to submit scholar athlete nominations (May is final month of scholar athlete program).
- June 3rd, 2019 - “Scholar Athlete of the Month” recipients may enter the Sportsmanship Video Essay Contest for a chance to win an additional scholarship ($1,000 to the Grand Prize Winner).
- June 12th, 2019 - Last day to submit Sportsmanship Video Essay. Please email video essay (file or link to video) to Info(at)davislawgroupseattle.com
- June 14th, 2019 – The Grand Prize Winner will be selected for the Sportsmanship Award Scholarship, and the winner will be announced on Scholar Athlete Program homepage and via email.
Scholar Athlete Program Nomination Form
Previous Years Scholar Athlete Program Winners:
2014-15 Scholar Athlete Program Winner
Amanda Dahl – Kamiak High School
2013-14 Scholar Athlete Program Winner
Caleb Taylor – Kings High School
Other Previous Contest Winners:
2012-13 Scholar Athlete Program Winner
2011-12 Scholar Athlete Program Winner
2010-11 Scholar Athlete Program Winner
Contest Rules & Regulations
In order to be eligible for the Scholar Athlete Program, all applicants must abide by the following guidelines:
- Be a U.S. citizen or permanent resident attending high school in the State of Washington;
- Be in current standing as a senior at a high school in the State of Washington;
- Participate in a school-affiliated sport at a high school in the State of Washington;
- Have a grade point average (GPA) of at least a 3.0 on a 4.0 scale;
- Plan on attending a two-year or four-year college or university.*
*Scholarship funds are awarded by being sent directly to the educational institution for deposit in the student's tuition account. If a student is awarded a scholarship but does not provide Davis Law Group with the necessary proof of enrollment so that funds can be applied to tuition, then another nominee may be selected at the company's discretion.
Davis Law Group reserves the right to request documentation proving an applicant's eligibility for this scholarship, which may include unofficial transcripts, proof of enrollment, proof of citizenship or residency, and other related information. Davis Law Group may also ask that the nominator provide additional information about the nominee in order to better select winners and ensure compliance. Davis Law Group reserves the right to decline scholarship award(s) to participants deemed ineligible at the company's discretion.