Medical Mistakes at Overlake Hospital Medical Center
Overlake Hospital Medical Center is a regional medical center offering a full range of advanced medical services to the Puget Sound Region. It has Level III Trauma Center and is known for providing award-winning, compassionate and patient-centered care. There is no doubt that Overlake Hospital does an excellent job helping thousands of seriously injured patients every year. However, the facility is not exempt from incidents involving medical malpractice or hospital negligence. In fact, there are medical malpractice and negligence cases at Overlake Hospital every year.
Interesting Statistics: Fewer than one-half of 1% of the nation's doctors face any serious state sanctions each year. State medical boards take serious actions in only about 2,500 incidents in each year--this is a pittance compared to the number of injuries and deaths of patients caused each year by the negligence of doctors or hospital staff.
Types of Medical Malpractice
Proving a medical malpractice case is much different and more complex than with other personal injury claims. The facts surrounding your claim are based on past medical records and testimony from medical experts who are familiar with your type of case.
A “complex” case type simply means that expert testimony and medical records are a vital component to proving that the healthcare professional responsible for treating you did act negligently. The combination of strong medical evidence and qualified expert testimony gives victims the best possible chance of financial recovery.
Clear-Cut Case Types
- “Surgical Souvenirs” (i.e. sponges, clamps or other equipment that is left behind)
- Operating on the wrong body part or wrong side of the body
- Medication errors
- Failure to diagnose or properly treat a medical condition
- Birth injuries
- Plastic surgery errors
- Unnecessary surgical procedures
Complex Case Types
- Post-operation infections
- Dental mistakes
- Falls in hospitals or nursing homes
- Failure to monitor a patient
- Long-term treatment disputes
- Nursing home and elderly care incidents
Overlake Hospital Medical Center News and Information:
- Overlake Hospital Medical Center's Revenue, Assets & Compensation
- Jury finds Overlake Negligent After Patient Sexually Assaulted
- Wrongful Death Suit Filed After Overlake Discharged Psychiatric Patient
- Lawsuit Filed After Overlake Turned Away Patient with Vasculitis
- Lawsuit Filed Against Overlake for Medical Negligence