Attorney Christopher M. Davis is a successful personal injury attorney practicing in Seattle, published author and advocate for the legal rights of injured persons. Davis is a true local-born, raised, and educated in the Seattle area. He lives in Seattle with his wife and children.
Chris Davis has spent more than 20 years attempting to “level the playing field” between accident victims and insurance companies. He is passionately devoted to advancing and perfecting case strategies, trial techniques and communication approaches on behalf of injured victims.
In pursuit of his mission to help accident victims, Mr. Davis has won numerous and notable jury verdicts against individuals insured by big insurance companies such as Allstate, Farmers, Encompass, State Farm and Mutual of Enumclaw. He is recognized by his peers, professional organizations, legal publications and the news media as being a very creative and accomplished attorney in the field of personal injury law.
Does Chris Davis look familiar? Chris is a frequently sought-after personality known for regularly appearing on television and radio news programs as a legal analyst / commentator or to discuss his most high-profile cases. Many people recognize Chris as the attorney that is representing the victims of the Skagit River Bridge collapse.
Chris and his wife Mischelle are thankful that owning and managing their own business gives them the flexibility and resources to give back to our community personally sponsoring several charitable giving programs including the Davis Law Group School Supplies Gift Program, the Davis Law Group Scholar Athlete Program the Viral Video Scholarship, the firm's annual holiday program providing gifts to homeless children, and many other programs. Chris and Mischelle are also strong supporters of Mothers Against Drunk Driving (MADD).
Chris & Mischelle are also active in their neighborhood and church communities. Chris is a member of the University of Washington Tyee Club and you'll find he and Mischelle on the sidelines at every Husky home football game. They were thrilled to attend the 2014 Super Bowl game and cheer the Seattle Seahawks to victory. They also attend numerous Seattle Mariners, and Sounders FC games each year---and lots of little leage baseball games and kids soccer games too.
Get to know attorney Chris Davis.
Attorney Chris Davis interviewed by respected news organizations.
Chris & Mischelle Davis' family photos.
Chris & Mischelle Davis with community leaders.
- University of Oregon School of Law, Juris Doctor, 1993
- University of Washington, Foster School of Business, Bachelor of Arts / Finance Concentration, 1989
- Lake Washington High School, Kirkland, Washington, 1985
- Davis Law Group, P.S., 1994 to present.
- Office of the King County Prosecuting Attorney, Deputy Prosecuting Attorney, Seattle, Washington.
- United States Attorneys Office, United States Department of Justice, Eugene, Oregon.
Professional Honors & Activities
- The National Academy of Personal Injury Attorneys selected Chris Davis as one of their 'Top 10 Personal Injury Attorneys in Washington State' in 2014 and 2013.
- 'Super Lawyer' in 2014, 2013, 2012, 2011, 2010, 2009, 2008, and 2007 by Super Lawyer Magazine (formerly Washington Law & Politics).
- 10.0 'Superb Lawyer' rating from Avvo.
- Chris Davis is Lead Counsel rated.
- American Society of Legal Advocates (ASLA) named Chris Davis one of the 'Top 100 Litigation Lawyers in the State of Washington' for 2014 and 2013.
- 'Washington Personal Injury Attorney of the Year' by the American Lawyer Academy.
- 'Attorney of the Month' in July 2012 issue of Attorney at Law Magazine.
- 'Clients' Choice Award' from attorney rating site Avvo.
- 'Client Distinction Award' from Martindale.com and Lawyers.com.
- Seattle Met Magazine named Chris Davis one of the 'Top Attorneys in Washington' for five consecutive years in 2014, 2013, 2012, 2011, 2010.
- MerchantCircle has given Davis Law Group the 'Circle of Excellence Award' for five consecutive years in 2014, 2013, 2012, 2011, and 2010.
- “Top 100 Trial Lawyers in Washington State” by the American Association for Justice (formerly known as American Trial Lawyers Association).
- Chris Davis is an Eagle Member of the Washington State Association for Justice (WASJ).
- A+ Rating by the Better Business Bureau.
- 'Rising Star Attorney' in 2006 by Washington Law & Politics magazine.
- 'Who’s Who in Personal Injury Law’ (The top 40 PI attorneys in Washington) 2007.
Bar & Court Admissions:
- Washington State Bar Association, 1993
- Supreme Court for the State of Washington, Admitted to practice law in Washington State Courts, 1993.
- United States District Court for the Western District of Washington, Seattle, Washington, admitted in 2000.
Legal Association Memberships
- American Bar Association, Member
- Washington State Bar Association, Member
- King County Bar Association, Member
- East King County Bar Association, Member
- Washington State Association for Justice (WASJ) (formerly Washington State Trial Lawyers Association WSTLA), EAGLE Member
- Board of Governors, Washington State Trial Lawyers Association, 2007-08.
- The National Trial Lawyers, Member
- The American Association of Justice (AAJ) (formerly American Trial Lawyers Association ATLA), Member
- Americal Lawyer Academy, Member
- Washington Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers, Member 1994-1996.
- ATLA Brain Injury Litigation Group, Member
- Brain Injury Association of Washington, Member
- Brain Injury Association of America, Member
- North American Brain Injury Society, Member
- Washington State Chapter of Mothers Against Drunk Driving (MADD), Sponsor
- Seattle Brain Works, Sponsor
- University of Washington Alumni Association, Member
- University of Washington Tyee Club, Member
- Million Dollar Advocates Forum, Member
- Seattle Chamber of Commerce, Member
- Honorable Order of Kentucky Colonels, Member
Presentations & Speeches
- Chairmain of 'Auto Insurance and the Law', continuing legal education conference, Seattle, WA. (June 2013)
- Understanding Wrongful Death Law 101, online webinar sponsored by Avvo, Seattle, WA (March 30, 2010).
- Personal Injury 101, online webinar sponsored by Avvo, Seattle, WA (February 17, 2010).
- Co-Chairman, 2008 Annual Auto Cases Seminar, sponsored by the Washington State Trial Lawyers Association, Seattle, WA (April 4, 2008). Featuring cutting-edge topics and trial techniques in auto accident litigation for plaintiff personal injury attorneys.
- "When the Defendant is an Insurance Company: Winning Trial Techniques," 2007 Annual Insurance Law Seminar, Washington State Trial Lawyers Association, Spokane, WA (Jan. 21, 2007), Seattle, WA (Jan. 22, 2007).
- "Overcoming Juror Bias in the Low Property Damage Case," How To Hammer Allstate, Part II, April 7, 2000, Seattle, WA, Washington State Trial Lawyers Association.
- "Damages for Destroyed Leased Vehicle," Hot Topics on the WSTLA Eagle Listserve, November 20, 2000, Seattle, WA, Washington State Trial Lawyers Association.
- "Determining Damages in the Automobile Negligence Case," Nuts & Bolts of Practicing Law, March 16, 2001, Seattle, WA, Washington State Trial Lawyers Association.