The City of Seattle, like any other governmental entity, is often responsible for causing injuries to innocent people. There are a number of situations in which a person may be injured by the negligence of the City of Seattle. Some common examples include:
- being injured while visiting a Seattle public building or facility (airport, parks, docks, etc.);
- being victimized by the negligent actions of a Seattle city worker or official;
- pedestrians injured at dangerous Seattle intersections, being injured in a pedestrian or motor vehicle accident involving a driver operating a Seattle motor pool vehicle;
- being involved in an accident that was caused by a Seattle Police Department (SPD) officer who was perusing a criminal during a high-speed chase
Sometimes a lawsuit is the only way to get the attention of City of Seattle officials and get changes to policies that will secure the safety of all citizens.
Award-Winning Legal Representation
Davis Law Group, P.S. founder Chris Davis is one of the most respected and recognized civil litigation lawyers practicing in Washington State. Davis Law Group has been named Best Injury Law Firm in Washington State by AI Dispute Resolution Awards.
If you or a loved one has been seriously injured in an accident in the City of Seattle contact attorney Chris Davis and the team at Davis Law Group at 206-727-4000 to schedule your free legal consultation.
City of Seattle Government Liability
The city operates a number of other agencies whose negligence may have resulted in your injuries. Depending on where you were at the time of the accident or what agencies may have been involved, you may have a legitimate claim against:
- Seattle Department of Transportation
- Seattle Police Department
- Port of Seattle
- Seattle Public Schools
- Seattle Public Utilities
- Seattle Animal Shelter
Suing City Government of Seattle
The City of Seattle may be responsible for personal injury in some cases. However, holding the city liable for your injuries, proving your case in a court of law, and getting fair compensation from Seattle can be difficult. If you believe that the City of Seattle or one of its departments was responsible for your injuries or for the death of a loved one you should seek the assistance of a qualified personal injury attorney.
Filing a lawsuit against the City of Seattle is not like suing an individual. There are special procedures and court rules that are required when suing a governmental entity such as the City of Seattle.
Hire An Attorney to Help With Your Lawsuit Against the City of Seattle
The Seattle personal injury attorneys at Davis Law Group frequently work with people who feel they have been wronged by the City of Seattle. In addition to getting financial compensation for our client's injuries we also seek to bring about change in our community to make Seattle a better place.
If you have been injured in an accident and wish to pursue a claim against the city of Seattle, call the award-winning legal team at Davis Law Group for a free case review. If we believe we can help, our attorneys will meet with you for a free legal consultation to help you better understand your legal rights and discuss your case in more detail.
Call our office in Seattle at (206) 727-4000 for a free case review and to request a free legal consultation with our attorneys.
Below are just a few of the many government injury cases that have been successfully resolved by Davis Law Group.
- CONFIDENTIAL For Victims Of Serious Transportation Catastrophe
- CONFIDENTIAL For Dept of Corrections Wrongdoing
- $3,400,000 Paid By DOC for Brain Injury and Wrongful Death Read The Client Story
- $2,936,821 Wrongful Death Accident Involving A Bus (Case No. 200672, Insurance Company: Gallagher Bassett)
- $330,000 Settlement After Bus Accident
- $100,000 Settlement For Bicyclist Hit By King County Metro Transit Bus
- $75,000 Settlement For Pedestrian Hit By County Vehicle
- $75,000 Settlement Against City of Seattle For Bicyclist Injured On Railroad Crossing
- $44,000 Speeding Bus Driver Crashes Into Two Cars (Case No. 200767, Insurance Company: Lancer)