Top Trucking Accident Lawyers in Washington
Attorney Chris Davis has been named one of the Top 10 Trucking Accident Lawyers in Washington State by the Trucking Trial Lawyers Association. Because of his experience in handling truck accident claims, Mr. Davis' opinion is often featured by local and national news media covering trucking-related issues and incidents.
In many ways, accident cases involving large trucks are much more complicated than standard car accident claims. There is also a lot more at stake.
If you have been injured in a truck accident, make sure you work with an attorney like Chris Davis who has the experience, knowledge, and financial resources to handle the complications of this type of case. Potential challenges include:
- Aggressive litigation. Because of the potential catastrophic nature of a semi truck accident, the damages are often high. The trucking companies and their insurance carriers have a lot to lose in these cases, and you can expect them to aggressively defend their position.
- Complex laws and regulations. It takes many years to become knowledgeable in the rules and regulations that govern the trucking industry. Mr. Davis’ experience handling these claims has resulted in millions of dollars for our clients.
- Multiple defendants. Many times there is more than one at-fault person or party in a semi truck collision. Identifying all at-fault parties is key to maximizing your claim.
- Expert witnesses. Most truck accident cases involve tremendous wreckage. Our attorneys have experience examining truck accident scenes and working with experts to bolster our clients’ cases.
The top-rated Seattle truck accident attorneys at Davis Law Group have fought against many of the national trucking companies such as JB Hunt, Knight Transportation, Swift Transportation, and more. Attorney Chris Davis has also filed lawsuits against many regional truck companies in the Pacific Northwest for their negligent actions.
Don’t wait to take action after a serious trucking accident. Put the attorneys at Davis Law Group on your case right away. Call us at (206) 727-4000 or contact with us online and get started on the road to your recovery. We serve clients in Seattle and and throughout the state of Washington.
What You Can Recover In A Truck Accident Case
If you have been harmed in a truck accident in Washington state, we will strive to get you the money you need to be fully compensated for your injuries and your costs. These cases can be extremely costly and difficult to pursue without the expertise of a qualified personal injury attorney, so it is important to act quickly in order to protect your legal rights and interests.
The particulars of your individual case will determine what compensation is available, but generally, your recovery should include financial compensation for past, current and future:
- Medical expenses
- Lost wages/earning capacity
- Loss of essential services
- Pain and suffering
- Loss of consortium
- Property damage
- Out-of-pocket expenses
Davis Law Group will consider factors such as the extent of your injuries, your income prior to and following the accident, and the strength of the physical evidence to help determine what a fair recovery will be for you. We will waste no time going to bat for you and your family.
Common Causes Of Truck Crashes
Semi trucks can weigh anywhere from 10,000 to 80,000 pounds, which puts regular commuters at a serious disadvantage when it comes to their overall safety. There are many causes for semi truck accidents, but some of the most common causes are:
- Distracted driving. Cell phone use behind the wheel is a major concern, and the problem is amplified when it applies to truck drivers.
- Driver fatigue. Commercial vehicle operators have strict guidelines they must follow when it comes to hours behind the wheel.
- Drunk driving. Thousands of semi truck accidents are caused each year by a intoxicated truck driver.
- Drugged driving. Trucking companies almost always prohibit drivers from using drugs of any kind, but that often isn’t enough.
- Backing up. A truck driver in reverse can be a dangerous situation, particularly for pedestrians.
- Speeding. Trucks take a long time to slow down, and an out-of-control semi truck can cause disastrous damage.
- Unsecured loads. If a semi truck loses its load, the driver and trucking company can be held responsible.
- Blind spots. It’s difficult to see while behind the wheel of a semi truck, but that is no excuse when an accident is caused.
- Maintenance issues. Federal laws stipulate that commercial vehicles are in proper shape.
- Traveling too fast for conditions. In adverse weather conditions, semi truck drivers should be extremely cautious, more so than other drivers.
- Improper turns. Dangerous maneuvers behind the wheel of a semi truck can be fatal or extremely serious for other drivers.
- Parking illegally. Truckers that pull over on the side of the road have a duty to make sure they do so in a safe fashion.
If you were injured in a truck accident due to one of the above actions, contact Davis Law Group as soon as possible to learn more about how we can help.
Not All Trucking Accidents Are The Same
Just as there are many causes of trucking accidents, there are also many ways in which these wrecks occur. How the incident occurred and the type of accident may provide clues as to who was negligent in your crash. Also, there are special rules that apply in certain types of accidents. It’s important to know the details of your type of accident, which might have been a:
- Rollover accident
- Jackknife accident
- Underride Or Override Rear-End Accidents
- T-bone collision
- Head-on collision
- Left-turn accident
- Backing accident
- Hazardous cargo accident
- Abandoned truck accident
These are the most common types of severe trucking crashes that occur on the roadways. Because these types of crashes are so catastrophic, it is important to call an attorney immediately to go over your legal rights. Call (206) 727-4000.
Types of Truck Accident Injuries
Every accident is different and there are many types of injuries, both minor and major. Unfortunately, when a large truck is involved in a collision, the injuries are often major and life-changing.
Your exact injury depends on the type of crash that occurred, as well as many other factors. Your injury should be diagnosed by a medical professional immediately after the incident. To maximize your recovery, it is important that you’re aware of the following potential injuries and to discuss them with your medical provider:
- Brain injuries
- Spinal cord injuries
- Broken bones
- Burn injuries
- Respiratory injuries
Unfortunately, death is also a potential outcome of a serious truck crash. If you have lost a loved one in a truck crash, your loved one’s estate may have the right to pursue a wrongful death claim.
Common Trucking Accident Legal Questions
An accident involving a large truck can leave you with a lot of questions. Davis Law Group believes you deserve answers to every single one of them. Despite the unique nature of these accidents and injuries, many of our clients ask us similar questions and we want you to know our answers. These questions include:
- How do I know if I need a semi truck accident lawyer?
- How much does it cost to hire a truck wreck attorney?
- How do trucking companies gain the upper hand after an accident?
- What are the common insurance issues in a trucking case?
- What are the common defenses trucking companies use to deny a claim?
- What are some attorney mistakes that could ruin my case?
- How do attorneys investigate semi truck accidents?
- How many trucks accident happen each year in Washington?
Free Legal Consultation For Truck Accident Victims
Our legal team is dedicated to helping you get the best possible result for your truck accident injury case, as we have for each and every one of our clients over the past 25 years. If you or a loved one has been injured in a truck accident in Washington state, it may be in your best interests to consult with an experienced trucking accident attorney in Seattle.
Don't trust your legal rights and financial future with just anyone else, hire the award-winning truck accident attorneys at the personal injury law firm of Davis Law Group. We offer a free case review to all accident victims and our law firm works on a contingency fee basis, which means there are no up-front fees and you do not owe anything until we successfully resolve your case. Call our office at (206) 727-4000.