Christopher M. Davis, founder of Davis Law Group, is an accomplished attorney with over 25 years of civil litigation experience. He is a zealous advocate for injury victims and their families with a proven record of success.
Davis has a reputation for exceptional results, professionalism, and integrity. Few lawyers in Washington State have been recognized with as many honors for outstanding achievement in legal representation, client service, and client satisfaction.
Davis has also authored multiple books on various aspects of Washington State injury law. Many of his most notable cases have made headlines. You may have seen him on local or national news programs discussing the firm’s high-profile cases or offering commentary on other legal issues.
Chris is a frequently sought-after personality known for regularly appearing on television and radio news programs as a legal analyst / commentator or to discuss his most high-profile cases. Click here for recent news stories featuring Chris Davis.
- University of Oregon School of Law, Juris Doctor, 1993
- University of Washington, Foster School of Business, Bachelor of Arts / Finance Concentration, 1989
- Lake Washington High School, Kirkland, Washington, 1985
- Davis Law Group, P.S., 1994 to present.
- Office of the King County Prosecuting Attorney, Deputy Prosecuting Attorney, Seattle, Washington.
- United States Attorneys Office, United States Department of Justice, Eugene, Oregon.
Bar & Court Admissions
- Washington State Bar Association, 1993
- Supreme Court for the State of Washington, Admitted to practice law in Washington State Courts, 1993.
- United States District Court for the Western District of Washington, Seattle, Washington, admitted in 2000.
Legal Association Memberships
- American Bar Association, Member
- Washington State Bar Association, Member
- King County Bar Association, Member
- East King County Bar Association, Member
- Washington State Association for Justice (WASJ) (formerly Washington State Trial Lawyers Association WSTLA), EAGLE Member
- Board of Governors, Washington State Trial Lawyers Association, 2007-08.
- The National Trial Lawyers, Member
- The American Association of Justice (AAJ) (formerly American Trial Lawyers Association ATLA), Member
- Americal Lawyer Academy, Member
- Washington Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers, Member 1994-1996.
- ATLA Brain Injury Litigation Group, Member
- Brain Injury Association of Washington, Member
- Brain Injury Association of America, Member
- North American Brain Injury Society, Member
- Washington State Chapter of Mothers Against Drunk Driving (MADD), Sponsor
- Seattle Brain Works, Sponsor
- University of Washington Alumni Association, Member
- University of Washington Tyee Club, Member
- Million Dollar Advocates Forum, Member
- Seattle Chamber of Commerce, Member
- Honorable Order of Kentucky Colonels, Member
Awards & Honors
- Named 'Best Personal Injury Law Firm’ in Washington State by AI Dispute Resolution Awards.
- Named 'Best Injury Law Firm' in Washington State by AI Legal Awards.
- The National Academy of Personal Injury Attorneys selected Chris Davis as one of their'Top 10 Personal Injury Attorneys in Washington State'.
- 'Super Lawyer' by Super Lawyer Magazine (formerly Washington Law & Politics).
- Ten Best Attorneys for the State of Washington by the American Institute of Personal Injury Attorneys (AIOPIA).
- 10.0 'Superb Lawyer' rating from Avvo.
- The National Association of Distinguished Counsel (NADC) has identified Chris Davis as one of the Nation’s Top One Percent.
- Chris Davis is Lead Counsel rated.
- American Society of Legal Advocates (ASLA) named Chris Davis one of the 'Top 100 Litigation Lawyers in the State of Washington'.
- Invited to be a charter member of Trial Masters which recognizes experienced attorneys for their outstanding performance and accomplishment in the courtroom taking cases to verdict.
- LexisNexis / Martindale-Hubbell honored Chris Davis with a BV Distinguished Rating
- 'Washington Personal Injury Attorney of the Year' by the American Lawyer Academy.
- 'Attorney of the Month' in July 2012 issue of Attorney at Law Magazine.
- 'Clients' Choice Award' from attorney rating site Avvo.
- 'Client Distinction Award' from Martindale.com and Lawyers.com.
- Seattle Met Magazine named Chris Davis one of the 'Top Attorneys in Washington'.
- ThreeBestRated.com picked Davis Law Group as among the Best Rated Personal Injury Lawyers in Seattle
- Nomination for the Litigator Awards by the Trial Lawyers Board of Regents.
- Invitated to be a lifetime charter member of “Best Attorneys of America” representing Washington State as one of its top 100 lawyers by Rue Ratings.
- MerchantCircle has given Davis Law Group the 'Circle of Excellence Award'.
- “Top 100 Trial Lawyers in Washington State” by the American Association for Justice (formerly known as American Trial Lawyers Association).
- Chris Davis is an Eagle Member of the Washington State Association for Justice (WASJ).
- A+ Rating by the Better Business Bureau.
- 'Rising Star Attorney' in 2006 by Washington Law & Politics magazine.
- 'Who’s Who in Personal Injury Law’ (The top 40 PI attorneys in Washington) 2007.
- "Auto Injury Litigation from Start to Finish", National Business Institute. (December 21, 2017)
- Chairmain of 'Auto Insurance and the Law', continuing legal education conference, Seattle, WA. (June 2013)
- Understanding Wrongful Death Law 101, online webinar sponsored by Avvo, Seattle, WA (March 30, 2010).
- Personal Injury 101, online webinar sponsored by Avvo, Seattle, WA (February 17, 2010).
- Co-Chairman, 2008 Annual Auto Cases Seminar, sponsored by the Washington State Trial Lawyers Association, Seattle, WA (April 4, 2008). Featuring cutting-edge topics and trial techniques in auto accident litigation for plaintiff personal injury attorneys.
- "When the Defendant is an Insurance Company: Winning Trial Techniques," 2007 Annual Insurance Law Seminar, Washington State Trial Lawyers Association, Spokane, WA (Jan. 21, 2007), Seattle, WA (Jan. 22, 2007).
- "Overcoming Juror Bias in the Low Property Damage Case," How To Hammer Allstate, Part II, April 7, 2000, Seattle, WA, Washington State Trial Lawyers Association.
- "Damages for Destroyed Leased Vehicle," Hot Topics on the WSTLA Eagle Listserve, November 20, 2000, Seattle, WA, Washington State Trial Lawyers Association.
- "Determining Damages in the Automobile Negligence Case," Nuts & Bolts of Practicing Law, March 16, 2001, Seattle, WA, Washington State Trial Lawyers Association.
You may have seen attorney Chris Davis on local or national news programs discussing the firm's high-profile cases or offering commentary on other legal issues. Click to see videos.