Attorney Chris Davis has spent more than 20 years attempting to “level the playing field” between accident victims and insurance companies. He is passionately devoted to advancing and perfecting case strategies, trial techniques and communication approaches on behalf of injured victims.
Attorney at Law Magazine has honored the firm’s founder Chris Davis by naming him Attorney of the Month, dedicating a 6-page spread to Davis and his firm, and featuring him on the cover of the inaugural issue of the publication’s National Edition. Read the story.
With the help of his wife Mischelle, the head of client relations, Mr. Davis spends every day defending the rights of accident victims. Chris and his wife Mischelle are thankful that owning and managing their own business gives them the flexibility and resources to give back to our community personally sponsoring several charitable giving programs. They are also strong supporters of Mothers Against Drunk Driving (MADD).
Chris is a frequently sought-after personality known for regularly appearing on television and radio news programs as a legal analyst / commentator or to discuss his most high-profile cases. Click to watch TV news stories featuring Chris Davis.
- University of Oregon School of Law, Juris Doctor, 1993
- University of Washington, Foster School of Business, Bachelor of Arts / Finance Concentration, 1989
- Lake Washington High School, Kirkland, Washington, 1985
- Davis Law Group, P.S., 1994 to present.
- Office of the King County Prosecuting Attorney, Deputy Prosecuting Attorney, Seattle, Washington.
- United States Attorneys Office, United States Department of Justice, Eugene, Oregon.
Bar & Court Admissions
- Washington State Bar Association, 1993
- Supreme Court for the State of Washington, Admitted to practice law in Washington State Courts, 1993.
- United States District Court for the Western District of Washington, Seattle, Washington, admitted in 2000.
Legal Association Memberships
- American Bar Association, Member
- Washington State Bar Association, Member
- King County Bar Association, Member
- East King County Bar Association, Member
- Washington State Association for Justice (WASJ) (formerly Washington State Trial Lawyers Association WSTLA), EAGLE Member
- Board of Governors, Washington State Trial Lawyers Association, 2007-08.
- The National Trial Lawyers, Member
- The American Association of Justice (AAJ) (formerly American Trial Lawyers Association ATLA), Member
- Americal Lawyer Academy, Member
- Washington Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers, Member 1994-1996.
- ATLA Brain Injury Litigation Group, Member
- Brain Injury Association of Washington, Member
- Brain Injury Association of America, Member
- North American Brain Injury Society, Member
- Washington State Chapter of Mothers Against Drunk Driving (MADD), Sponsor
- Seattle Brain Works, Sponsor
- University of Washington Alumni Association, Member
- University of Washington Tyee Club, Member
- Million Dollar Advocates Forum, Member
- Seattle Chamber of Commerce, Member
- Honorable Order of Kentucky Colonels, Member
Awards & Honors
- Named 'Best Personal Injury Law Firm’ in Washington State by AI Dispute Resolution Awards.
- Named 'Best Injury Law Firm' in Washington State by AI Legal Awards.
- The National Academy of Personal Injury Attorneys selected Chris Davis as one of their'Top 10 Personal Injury Attorneys in Washington State'.
- 'Super Lawyer' by Super Lawyer Magazine (formerly Washington Law & Politics).
- Ten Best Attorneys for the State of Washington by the American Institute of Personal Injury Attorneys (AIOPIA).
- 10.0 'Superb Lawyer' rating from Avvo.
- The National Association of Distinguished Counsel (NADC) has identified Chris Davis as one of the Nation’s Top One Percent.
- Chris Davis is Lead Counsel rated.
- American Society of Legal Advocates (ASLA) named Chris Davis one of the 'Top 100 Litigation Lawyers in the State of Washington'.
- Invited to be a charter member of Trial Masters which recognizes experienced attorneys for their outstanding performance and accomplishment in the courtroom taking cases to verdict.
- LexisNexis / Martindale-Hubbell honored Chris Davis with a BV Distinguished Rating
- 'Washington Personal Injury Attorney of the Year' by the American Lawyer Academy.
- 'Attorney of the Month' in July 2012 issue of Attorney at Law Magazine.
- 'Clients' Choice Award' from attorney rating site Avvo.
- 'Client Distinction Award' from Martindale.com and Lawyers.com.
- Seattle Met Magazine named Chris Davis one of the 'Top Attorneys in Washington'.
- ThreeBestRated.com picked Davis Law Group as among the Best Rated Personal Injury Lawyers in Seattle
- Nomination for the Litigator Awards by the Trial Lawyers Board of Regents.
- Invitated to be a lifetime charter member of “Best Attorneys of America” representing Washington State as one of its top 100 lawyers by Rue Ratings.
- MerchantCircle has given Davis Law Group the 'Circle of Excellence Award'.
- “Top 100 Trial Lawyers in Washington State” by the American Association for Justice (formerly known as American Trial Lawyers Association).
- Chris Davis is an Eagle Member of the Washington State Association for Justice (WASJ).
- A+ Rating by the Better Business Bureau.
- 'Rising Star Attorney' in 2006 by Washington Law & Politics magazine.
- 'Who’s Who in Personal Injury Law’ (The top 40 PI attorneys in Washington) 2007.
- Child Dead After Department of Corrections Glitch, Q13 Fox, News This Morning.
- Sound Transit Bus Causes Fatal Accident, KIRO Radio, Dori Monson Show, January 5, 2015.
- Truck Driver Cited In Skagit River Bridge Collapse, KOMO4 News, November 17, 2014.
- Pedestrian Struck By UPS Truck, KOMO4 News, August 11, 2014.
- Year After Skagit Bridge Collapse, Little Done To Improve Bridges, NPR KUOW, May 23, 2014.
- Suit contends negligence in fatal Sound Transit bus crash, Q13 Fox News, May 6, 2014.
- Traffic camera catches UPS truck hitting pedestrian, KOMO4 News, April 11, 2014.
- Couple injured in bridge collapse hires an attorney, KIRO Radio / MyNorthwest.com, May 31, 2013.
- Kent woman wins $1M settlement after horrifying shuttle ride, KOMO4 News, Feb 20, 2013.
- Attorney of the Month, Attorney at Law Magazine, July 2012.
- Summer Surge of Boating Accidents, Injuries and Death, Seattle Post-Intelligencer, July 16, 2012.
- Man Arrested in Biker Attack, KING5 News, July 2011.
- Family of man who died after dog bite sues dog’s owner, Seattle Times, September 9, 2010.
- Legal Rights of Dog Bite Victims in Washington State, KIRO7, Better Northwest, 2010.
- Chris Davis Campaigns for Harsher Sentencing of Drunken Drivers – and He’s an Attorney", Seattle Weekly, August 3, 2010.
- Cyclist mourned, driver sought, Seattle Times, July 29, 2011.
- Man dies after dog bite; family sues, Seattle Post-Intelligencer, September 9, 2010
- When the dog bites...it's time to call Chris Davis, Super Lawyer Magazine, June 2010.
- Seattle Children's admits mistake led to boy's death, King5 Television, October 14, 2009
- Autistic teen's fatal overdose blamed on hospital, Seattle PI, September 29, 2009.
- Chairmain of 'Auto Insurance and the Law', continuing legal education conference, Seattle, WA. (June 2013)
- Understanding Wrongful Death Law 101, online webinar sponsored by Avvo, Seattle, WA (March 30, 2010).
- Personal Injury 101, online webinar sponsored by Avvo, Seattle, WA (February 17, 2010).
- Co-Chairman, 2008 Annual Auto Cases Seminar, sponsored by the Washington State Trial Lawyers Association, Seattle, WA (April 4, 2008). Featuring cutting-edge topics and trial techniques in auto accident litigation for plaintiff personal injury attorneys.
- "When the Defendant is an Insurance Company: Winning Trial Techniques," 2007 Annual Insurance Law Seminar, Washington State Trial Lawyers Association, Spokane, WA (Jan. 21, 2007), Seattle, WA (Jan. 22, 2007).
- "Overcoming Juror Bias in the Low Property Damage Case," How To Hammer Allstate, Part II, April 7, 2000, Seattle, WA, Washington State Trial Lawyers Association.
- "Damages for Destroyed Leased Vehicle," Hot Topics on the WSTLA Eagle Listserve, November 20, 2000, Seattle, WA, Washington State Trial Lawyers Association.
- "Determining Damages in the Automobile Negligence Case," Nuts & Bolts of Practicing Law, March 16, 2001, Seattle, WA, Washington State Trial Lawyers Association.