Free Legal Consultations Available 24/7
206-727-4000 or 866-595-3565
Voted Best Injury Law Firm in Washington State*
Attorney Chris Davis

Get Help Now

Complete this CONFIDENTIAL form or call 206-727-4000 for a FREE consultation.
Videos Thumbnails of Chris Davis in the News

Injury Lawsuits Against The Washington State Government

If you have been seriously injured as a result of the negligence of a city, county, or other government agency or entity, you may be left with no choice but to pursue a personal injury claim against the government. 

There are a number of factors that make it difficult and complex to pursue a personal injury claim against a government agency. These entities have in-house legal teams that vigorously defend against personal injury claims, regardless of whether the government is truly responsible for the victim's injuries.

Examples of personal injury lawsuits against Washington State government agencies include:

Davis Law Group founder Chris Davis is one of the most respected and recognized civil litigation lawyers practicing in Washington State. If you or a loved one has suffered an injury due to a Washington State governmental entity contact Mr. Davis and the team at Davis Law Group at (206) 727-4000 to schedule your free legal consultation.

Chris Davis Founder

Government Lawsuit Lawyers

Attorney Chris Davis is one of the most respected and recognized civil litigation lawyers practicing in Washington State. Davis Law Group has been named Best Injury Law Firm in Washington State by AI Dispute Resolution Awards.

The award-winning attorneys at Davis Law Group are dedicated to holding people responsible for causing serious harm to others and have helped victims in Washington State recover large settlements and verdicts for more than 25 years.

Learn More

Government negligence or legal liability for a person's personal injury or wrongful death may not be common, but when a Washington state government employee or agency is responsible for causing harm it is important that they are held responsible for their actions. Government negligence can take many forms, and in many cases having an attorney on your side can protect your legal rights and interests so that you are not taken advantage of. 

Filing a lawsuit against the state of Washington, a local county or a municipality is not like suing a corporation or individual. There are special procedures and specific court rules that are required when suing a governmental entity. As the victim of negligence by a governmental entity you must be very careful in filing a claim as special rules apply and if you fail to follow those rules, the courts may decline to hear your case and you could be left with nothing.

Davis Law Group frequently works with people who feel they have been wronged by the government. In addition to getting financial compensation for our client's injuries, we also seek to bring about change in our community to make Washington state a better place.

For example, we previously represented the estate of a man who was tragically killed in a high-speed car crash with a wanted violent felon who ran a red light. The felon was allowed to roam free while having multiple warrants out for her arrest, and the Department of Corrections failed to properly supervise her despite having concrete knowledge of her whereabouts. You can read more about this case here.

Settlements: Lawsuits Against Washington State

  • CONFIDENTIAL For Victims Of Serious Transportation Catastrophe
  • CONFIDENTIAL For Dept of Corrections Wrongdoing
  • $3,400,000 Paid By DOC for Brain Injury and Wrongful Death Read The Client Story
  • $2,936,821 Wrongful Death Accident Involving A Bus (Case No. 200672, Insurance Company: Gallagher Bassett)
  • $330,000 Settlement After Bus Accident
  • $100,000 Settlement For Bicyclist Hit By King County Metro Transit Bus
  • $75,000 Settlement For Pedestrian Hit By County Vehicle
  • $75,000 Settlement Against City of Seattle For Bicyclist Injured On Railroad Crossing
  • $44,000 Speeding Bus Driver Crashes Into Two Cars (Case No. 200767, Insurance Company: Lancer)

Suing the State of Washington

If you have a claim against a governmental entity, certain requirements must be met. A verified claim form must be served on the authorized agent for the governmental entity. Serving a valid claim form on the government is a prerequisite to bringing a legal case against the government.

It is important to note that the content and service of the claim form must substantially comply with the requirements of the statute. Failure to comply may result in the claim being denied and/or dismissed by a court of law. Once a claim form has been properly verified, presented, and served on the appropriate governmental entity, you must wait a period of 60 days before a lawsuit can be filed in court.

The failure to wait 60 days is a fatal mistake that will invalidate the claim and result in the dismissal of the case. The filing and presenting of claims against a governmental entity can be complex and confusing, so it may be beneficial to consult with an attorney as soon as possible following the accident.

Client Review of Davis Law Group, P.S.

Law Firm Review, Vehicle Accident Case
Davis Law Group, P.S.
Rated: 5 / 5 stars
Our experience with the Davis Law Group was positive from the first moment we consulted with Chris Davis. Chris Davis was attentive, thorough, and helpful throughout a very difficult time. Our paralegal was with us every step of the way with insight and compassion, always responding quickly and effectively with any questions or issues as they arose. I highly recommend the Davis Law Group.
Scott P.