The Washington State Department of Transportation must ensure that the roads are safe for everyone. Whether you are traveling by car, motorcycle, bicycle, on foot, or via public transportation, citizens have a right to expect that roads and walkways are kept safe.
There are circumstances where the department of transportation unfortunately fails to keep the roads safe, leading to accidents and injuries. In these circumstances, victims may be able to pursue compensation through the civil legal process.
If you have been injured in an accident for which you suspect the WSDOT may be liable, consult with one of our Washington state accident attorneys immediately. They will be able to review your case and advise as to your legal options. Call (206) 727-4000.
Department of Transportation Negligence
The following are examples of potential negligence committed by the Washington State Department of Transportation:
- Faulty roadway or highway design
- Unsafe road construction practices
- Misleading / faulty road signs
- Poor lighting and misplaced directionally signs on the highway
- Unsafely placed barricades, construction markers, barriers, tubular delineators
- Failing to put up a warning sign about the road closure
- Construction debris left in the road
- Failing to warn drivers of unsafe conditions
- Poor construction traffic management
- Not adequately plowing and sanding snow
- Dangerous condition should have been fixed and avoided
- Not requiring commercial vehicles to take another route
- Failing to equip a stretch of road/highway/interstate with barriers strong enough to prevent vehicles from leaving the roadway
- Inattentive road construction works
- Workers failing to follow safety regulations
- Potential careless or negligent actions of state employees
- Allowing construction workers to park in dangerous locations
WSDOT Accident Attorneys
If you or a loved one was injured in an accident and you suspect that the Washington State Department of Transportation (WSDOT) may be responsible, contact Davis Law Group for a free case review.
You may be entitled to financial compensation in order to pay for your injuries, medical bills, and other damages. Call our office at (206) 727-4000 or contact us online today.