Legal Action Against Washington State DOT / WSDOT Lawsuits
Injured persons, accident survivors or their families may potentially have legitimate legal claims against the Washington State Department of Transportation (WSDOT). If WSDOT action, inaction or negligence is responsible for causing a collision or accident the victims may be entitled to compensation. Because of the complexity of Washington State law and insurance policies, lawsuits against WSDOT often require an experienced Washington road construction accident lawyer as well as a road construction safety experts. In such cases a full investigation is required.
Suing the Washington State Department of Transportation for Negligence
Davis Law Group, P.S. founder Chris Davis is one of the most respected and recognized civil litigation lawyers practicing in Washington State. Davis Law Group has been named Best Injury Law Firm in Washington State by AI Dispute Resolution Awards.
If you or a loved one has suffered an injury due to a Washington State governmental entity contact attorney Chris Davis and the team at Davis Law Group at 206-727-4000 to schedule your free legal consultation.
WSDOT Negligence Examples
- faulty roadway or highway design;
- unsafe road construction practices;
- misleading / faulty road signs;
- poor lighting and misplaced directionally signs on the highway;
- unsafely placed barricades, construction markers, barriers, tubular delineators;
- failing to put up a warning sign about the road closure;
- construction debris left in the road;
- failing to warn drivers of unsafe conditions;
- poor construction traffic management;
- not adequately plowing and sanding snow;
- dangerous condition should have been fixed and avoided;
- not requiring commercial vehicles to take another route;
- failing to equip a stretch of road/highway/interstate with barriers strong enough to prevent vehicles from leaving the roadway;
- inattentive road construction works;
- workers failing to follow safety regulations;
- potential careless or negligent actions of state employees;
- allowing construction workers to park in dangerous locations;
Consultation with Transportation Accident Attorney
If you or a loved one was injured in an accident and you suspect that the Washington State Department of Transportation (WSDOT) may be responsible contact the Davis Law Group for a free case review and find out if you may have rights to a personal injury claim.
You may be entitled to financial compensation in order to pay for your injuries, medical bills and other damages. We work on a contingency-fee basis. Contact our office at 206-727-4000 or contact us online today.
Below are just a few of the many government injury cases that have been successfully resolved by Davis Law Group.
- CONFIDENTIAL For Victims Of Serious Transportation Catastrophe
- CONFIDENTIAL For Dept of Corrections Wrongdoing
- $3,400,000 Paid By DOC for Brain Injury and Wrongful Death Read The Client Story
- $2,936,821 Wrongful Death Accident Involving A Bus (Case No. 200672, Insurance Company: Gallagher Bassett)
- $330,000 Settlement After Bus Accident
- $100,000 Settlement For Bicyclist Hit By King County Metro Transit Bus
- $75,000 Settlement For Pedestrian Hit By County Vehicle
- $75,000 Settlement Against City of Seattle For Bicyclist Injured On Railroad Crossing
- $44,000 Speeding Bus Driver Crashes Into Two Cars (Case No. 200767, Insurance Company: Lancer)