Attorneys With Vehicle-Into-Building Experience
You may have seen attorney Chris Davis on local or national news programs discussing the firm's high-profile cases or offering commentary on other legal issues.
If you or a loved one has been seriously injured in a vehicle-into-building accident in Washington State contact Chris Davis and the team at Davis Law Group at (206) 727-4000 to schedule your free legal consultation.
Vehicle-Into-Building Crashes in Washington State
According to accident data obtained from the Washington State Patrol, in 2016 there were 843 motor vehicle accidents in which a house, apartment building, storefront, or other building was struck. In 58 of those crashes the driver was over the age of 60.
In 2016 in King County, there were 296 such accidents. In 13 of those crashes the driver was over the age of 60.
Liability for Injuries or Death in a Storefront Crash
Although the public has no idea how frequently these crashes occur, building owners, property managers and business operators have known for years that this is a major public safety issue. Buildings that lack proper safety mechanisms have often been struck multiple times.
Once aware of the safety issues, building owners have a duty to address or correct the problems. If they fail to do so they may be held liable or partly at-fault for all future incidents. Store owners can implement protective devices on their own but most do not.
The Storefront Safety Council believes that shopping center owners and merchants should take steps to protect their customers. The storefront protection industry is currently exploring more ways to prevent vehicle crashes into retail stores, restaurants, and other commercial buildings.
National Storefront Accident Statistics
- There are 20,000 vehicle-into-building crashes every year in the United States. That's 50 to 60 accidents every day.
- Every day in the US more than 20 convenience stores are struck by vehicles. That’s more than 7,300 convenience store crash incidents each year.
- During the four year period between 1991 and 1995, there were 1,500 crashes into 7-Eleven stores in the US.
- Forty-one percent of all vehicle-into-building crashes are caused by driver confusion or "pedal error."
- There are more than 550 vehicle-into-storefront accidents reported in the news media each year.
Contact a Storefront Crash Lawyer Today
The storefront accident lawyers of Davis Law Group have experience in a broad range of cases involving vehicle-into-building crashes. We can help you and your family pursue financial compensation for your medical bills, lost wages, and pain and suffering. Contact our offices at (206) 727-4000 today.