Lawsuits Against Sound Transit For Bus Accidents
Sound Transit buses provide transportation for thousands of commuters and travelers every day in the Puget Sound area. Hundreds of Sound Transit buses may be on the road at any given time. Sound Transit buses are involved in dozens of collisions with motor vehicles every year. These crashes can cause major injuries and/or death of the accident victims.
If you or a family member has been injured or killed in an accident involving a Sound Transit Bus contact Chris Davis and the team at Davis Law Group. It is important for the survivors and families of a bus accident to work with an attorney that has experience with bus accident lawsuits and settlements. Call 206-727-4000.
Serious Injuries & Wrongful Death Due To Accidents Caused By Sound Transit
Although Sound Transit has an extensive training and safety program for its drivers, operator error and improper vehicle maintenance is the cause of many accidents. Common bus accident injuries are:
- Head Injuries
- Neck & Back Injuries
- Muscle and Ligament Damage
- Fractured / Broken Bones
- Facial / Cosmetic Injuries
- Foodborne Illness
- Loss of Limb / Amputation Injuries
- Spinal Cord Injuries
Driver Error Causes Many Bus Accidents
Driver error is frequently the cause of collisions between a car or truck and a bus. Inexperience in handling and steering a large vehicle like a bus can be a factor in these accidents. Drivers who are poorly trained, fatigued, intoxicated, or inexperienced often cause accidents. Pressure to keep buses on time despite traffic delays often cause drivers to make hasty decisions or drive too fast. Buses commonly rear-end other vehicles.
When Poor Vehicle Maintenance / Mechanical Problems Are The Cause of Many Collisions
It is important for the survivors and families of a bus accident to contact an experienced attorney who knows what to look for in the bus company records. Mechanical failure as a result of improperly maintained buses, and installation of defective or damaged parts are two of the most common causes of bus accidents in this country. In the wake of many accidents involving transit buses investigators turn to the company’s safety history and vehicle maintenance records. These investigations often reveal the existence of multiple safety violations and failed inspections including brake problems.
Transit Bus Accident Lawyers in Seattle
Davis Law Group, P.S. founder Chris Davis is one of the most respected and recognized civil litigation lawyers practicing in Washington State. Davis Law Group has been named Best Injury Law Firm in Washington State by AI Dispute Resolution Awards.
If you or a loved one has suffered an injury due to a Washington State governmental entity contact attorney Chris Davis and the team at Davis Law Group at 206-727-4000 to schedule your free legal consultation.
Below are just a few of the many government injury cases that have been successfully resolved by Davis Law Group.
- CONFIDENTIAL For Victims Of Serious Transportation Catastrophe
- CONFIDENTIAL For Dept of Corrections Wrongdoing
- $3,400,000 Paid By DOC for Brain Injury and Wrongful Death Read The Client Story
- $2,936,821 Wrongful Death Accident Involving A Bus (Case No. 200672, Insurance Company: Gallagher Bassett)
- $330,000 Settlement After Bus Accident
- $100,000 Settlement For Bicyclist Hit By King County Metro Transit Bus
- $75,000 Settlement For Pedestrian Hit By County Vehicle
- $75,000 Settlement Against City of Seattle For Bicyclist Injured On Railroad Crossing
- $44,000 Speeding Bus Driver Crashes Into Two Cars (Case No. 200767, Insurance Company: Lancer)