Drunk Driving Victims Have Legal Rights
Some attorneys who handle drunk driving personal injury cases also represent drunk drivers in criminal cases. Attorney Chris Davis only represents victims of impaired drivers, not the DUI offenders who caused horrific accidents and injuries.
If you or a loved one has been seriously injured in a drunk driving crash in Washington State contact attorney Chris Davis and the team at Davis Law Group at 206-727-4000 to schedule your free legal consultation.
Helping Drunk Driving Victims
During his career as a prosecutor for King County, Mr. Davis brought hundreds of DUI offenders to justice. Today he helps the victims of drunk driving collisions and their families gain financial compensation for the harms caused by DUI offenders.
Davis Law Group, P.S. founder Chris Davis is one of the most respected and recognized civil litigation lawyers practicing in Washington State. Davis Law Group has been named Best Injury Law Firm in Washington State by AI Dispute Resolution Awards.
A Drunk Driving Crash Is Not An 'Accident'
Mischelle Davis, Chris's wife, is a leading volunteer with Washington State Mothers Against Drunk Driving (MADD) and a member of MADD's state advisory board.
Like our friends at Mothers Against Drunk Driving (MADD), Davis Law Group believes that there is no such thing as a ‘drunk driving accident’. Drunken driving collisions result from carelessness or deliberate dangerous driving (under the influence of alcohol), not from circumstances beyond the control of the at-fault driver. Car crashes that are caused by a drunk driver are entirely avoidable, and we believe in doing everything possible to stop drunk drivers before they cause injuries on the road.
"On behalf of the Board of Directors and staff of Mothers Against Drunk Driving, I would like to express my deepest appreciation of Davis Law Group's generous support of MADD..."
-Jan Withers, MADD National President
Attorney Chris Davis In The News
As a prominent personal injury lawyer with experience in handling drunk driving accident claims, attorney Chris Davis's expert opinion is often featured by local media covering impaired driving-related issues and incidents.
2016 Alcohol Involved Motor Vehicle Crash Statistics - Washington State
In Washington State, 42% of all fatal motor vehicle crashes involve a driver that was under the influence of alcohol. In 2009, 206 people in Washington State lost their lives in drunk driving crashes. In Washington State there is a sharp increase in the number of drunk driving incidents near major holidays.
Drunk driving is one of the leading causes of motor vehicle collisions. According to Mothers Against Drunk Driving (MADD), 10,228 people were killed in alcohol-related crashes in the United States in 2010. This figure represents 31% of all traffic incident deaths. More than 500,000 Americans are injured in drunken driving crashes each year.
- Fatal DUI Crashes - 123
- Suspected Serious Injury Collisions - 364
- Possible/Suspected Injury Collisions - 2,434
- No Apparent Injury Incidents - 4,230
- Total Alcohol Involved Crashes - 7,151
Learn More About Drunk Driving in Washington
- Find out about the differences between criminal and civil cases against drunk drivers
- Explore your options for compensation from the Washington State Crime Victims Compensation Fund
- Discover laws and campaigns against drunk driving in Washington State
- Order our FREE Drunk Driving Collision Victim Handbook
- Seattle Weekly - Chris Davis Campaigns for Harsher Sentencing of Drunken Drivers - and He's an Attorney
- "Alcohol-Impaired Driving." Highway Loss Data Institute. Nsurance Institute for Highway Safety (IIHS), n.d. Web. http://www.iihs.org/iihs/topics/t/alcohol-impaired-driving/topicoverview.
- "Drunk Driving Statistics." Mothers Against Drunk Driving (MADD). Mothers Against Drunk Driving (MADD), n.d. Web. http://www.madd.org/drunk-driving/about/drunk-driving-statistics.html.
- "Impaired Driving: Get the Facts." Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, 26 Jan. 2017. Web. https://www.cdc.gov/motorvehiclesafety/impaired_driving/impaired-drv_factsheet.html.
- Jean Yoder. "Drunk Driving." National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA). National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA), 30 Mar. 2017. Web. https://www.nhtsa.gov/risky-driving/drunk-driving.
- "Teaching and Inspiring the Prevention of Drunk Driving." DrinkingAndDriving.Org (DADO). DrinkingAndDriving.Org (DADO), n.d. Web. http://www.drinkinganddriving.org/.
- "Watch Truth About Drugs Documentary Video & Learn About Substance Addiction. Get The Facts About Painkillers, Marijuana, Cocaine, Meth & Other Illegal Drugs." Foundation for a Drug-Free World. Foundation for a Drug-Free World, n.d. Web. http://www.drugfreeworld.org/drugfacts/alcohol/drinking-and-driving.html.
Below are just a few of the many drunk driving accident cases that have been successfully resolved by Davis Law Group.
- $2,150,000 Settlement for Victim of DUI Crash with Brain Injury Read The Client Story
- $2,050,000 Pedestrian Struck By Drunk Driver / Dram Shop Case (Case No. 200809, Insurance Company: Nevada Capital)
- $1,650,000 Drunk Driver Cases Motor Vehicle Crash (Case No. 200333, Insurance Company: Progressive)
- $1,300,000 Head-On Drunk Driving Crash / Dram Shop Case (Case No. 200532, Insurance Company: Western World)
- $600,000 Settlement for Family of Victim Killed in DUI Collision Read The Client Story
- $500,000 Hit By Drunk Driver With No Headlights (Case No. 200940, Insurance Company: Allstate)
- $500,000 Crash Caused By Driver Impaired By Drungs (Case No. 201034, Insurance Company: GEICO)
- $400,000 Drunk Driver Texting Causes Accident (Case No. 200572, Insurance Company: Grange)
- $400,000 Struck Head-On By A Drunk Driver (Case No. 200542, Insurance Company: Western World )
- $350,000 Herniated Disc Settlement For Drunk Driving Accident Victim
- $270,000 Drunk Driver Crosses Center Line (Case No. 200442, Insurance Company: Farmers)
- $200,000 T-Bone By Drunk Driver (Case No. 201224, Insurance Company: State Farm)
- $156,000 Rear-Ended By Drunk Driver At Stop Light (Case No. 200793, Insurance Company: Progressive)
- $146,148 Rear-Ended By Drunk Driver (Case No. 200199, Insurance Company: Safeco)
- $121,033 Injured In Crash When Drunk Driver Crosses Center Line (Case No. 200622, Insurance Company: Pemco)
- $120,000 Drunk Driver Hits Limo (Case No. 200706, Insurance Company: USAA)
- $100,000 T-Boned By Drunk Driver Running Stop Light (Case No. 201436, Insurance Company: Liberty Mutual)
- $100,000 Rear-Ended By Drunk Taxi Driver (Case No. 201153, Insurance Company: Encompass)
- $100,000 Rear-Ended By Drunk Driver (Case No. 201145, Insurance Company: GEICO)
- $100,000 Drunk Driver Fails To Yield At Stop Sign Causing Crash (Case No. 200583, Insurance Company: Farmers)
- $100,000 Drunk Driver Causes Accident On West Seattle Bridge (Case No. 201070, Insurance Company: Progressive)
- $100,000 Crash Caused By Intoxicated DUI Driver (Case No. 200810, Insurance Company: Farmers)
- $70,000 DUI Driver Rear-Ends Car At Stop Light (Case No. 200698, Insurance Company: State Farm)
- $69,000 Drunk Driver Causes Head-On Collision (Case No. 200388, Insurance Company: Pemco)
- $68,000 Passenger In Car Hit By Drunk Driver Head-On (Case No. 200526, Insurance Company: GEICO)
- $50,000 Drunk Driving Crash On I-405 (Case No. 200762, Insurance Company: Progressive)
- $50,000 Drunk Driver Ran Stop Light Causing Accident (Case No. 200326, Insurance Company: Progressive)
- $42,000 Drunk Driver Causes Motor Vehicle Collision (Case No. 200808, Insurance Company: Middlesex)
- $24,815 Passenger Injured In DUI Rear-End Collision (Case No. 201146, Insurance Company: GEICO)