Davis Law Group has represented numerous pedestrian accident victims & families of pedestrians killed by motorists since the firm was founded in 1994. Davis Law Group, P.S. founder Chris Davis is one of the most respected and recognized civil litigation lawyers practicing in Washington State. Davis Law Group has been named Best Injury Law Firm in Washington State by AI Dispute Resolution Awards.
If you or a loved one has been seriously injured in a pedestrian accident in Washington State contact attorney Chris Davis and the team at Davis Law Group at 206-727-4000 to schedule your free legal consultation.
Exceptional Settlements and Verdicts Recovered
|$415,000 for a young boy who suffered a traumatic brain injury (TBI) after being hit by an SUV.
|$400,000 for a man who was badly hurt after being hit by a company vehicle in a crosswalk.
|$275,000 for the family of a pedestrian who was killed after being struck by an elderly driver in an SUV.
When Do You Need A Pedestrian Accident Lawyer?
Not all pedestrian accident victims need the assistance of a lawyer, but it may be in your best interests to at least discuss your case with an attorney to evaluate your options. Hiring a lawyer does not automatically mean that a lawsuit will be filed, as more often than not attorneys are able to negotiate settlements for their clients before the case goes to court.
When necessary, litigation not only serves the purpose of compensating an accident victim, but holding negligent persons and companies accountable for their actions. Lawsuits can help change the law. Successful cases can help facilitate change in awareness, behavior, and the law which may help prevent future injuries and fatalities.
How Much is My Pedestrian Accident Case Worth?
No two personal injury cases are alike. Cases involving injured pedestrians can vary especially widely. An accident victim with mild soft tissue injuries may receive only a few thousand dollars to pay for treatment; a victim who sustains severe, permanent disabilities may receive millions or even tens of millions of dollars in compensation. A few of the many factors that go into determining the value of a pedestrian accident claim include:
Medical Expenses. If your medical bills are high or you need ongoing care, your attorney will ask for more in economic damages.
Non-Economic Damages. Pedestrians with serious injuries may experience pain and suffering, loss of consortium, and other damages. It is possible to seek financial compensation for these damages.
Lost Earnings. If you lost a significant amount of work or potential work, that may factor into your settlement. This is usually calculated based on your regular wages and how much time you lost.
At-Fault Driver’s Insurance. Different drivers have different insurance policies. In some cases, you may be limited in how much money you can recover because the policy has a low cap. In other cases, that cap may be much higher than your damages.
Litigation. Not every personal injury case goes to trial. However, lawyers with a proven track record at trial are often able to recover larger verdicts. Insurance companies often offer these lawyers’ clients more money in settlements in order to avoid going to trial.
Washington State & King County Pedestrian Accident Statistics
- Each year in Washington State, pedestrian fatalities account for 12 percent to 14 percent of all fatal motor vehicle accidents.
- In Washington State, 60 percent of collisions are located on city streets, where people are expected to travel on foot.
- More than 30 percent of fatal collisions are on state roads that are typically considered regional or trans-regional facilities dedicated principally to vehicular traffic and designed accordingly (Washington State DOT).
- Highway 99 (Aurora Avenue North) was the site of 43 percent of the pedestrian accident in King County and 16 percent for Washington State as a whole during a five-year period in a recent study.
- From 2008 to 2012, 90 pedestrians were killed and an additional 582 pedestrians were seriously injured in King County. Pedestrian fatalities accounted for 21% of all traffic fatalities in the county.
- Pedestrian deaths have declined steeply since 1975 but still account for 15 percent of crash fatalities. Two percent of people killed in motor vehicle crashes are bicyclists.
2016 Pedestrian Accident Statistics - Washington State
- Fatal Pedestrian Accidents - 89
- Suspected Serious Injury Accidents - 362
- Possible/Suspected Injury Collisions - 1,874
- No Apparent Injury Incidents - 108
- Total Pedestrian Accidents - 2,433
"Building America’s Most Walkable City." (n.d.): n. pag. City of Seattle. Seattle Department of Transporation, 2017. Web. <http://www.seattle.gov/transportation/docs/PedSafetyBrochure.pdf>.
City of Seattle. "Seattle Pedestrian Law." RCW 46.04.160. Seattle Department of Transportation, n.d. Web. <http://www.seattle.gov/transportation/pedrcw.htm>.
"Factors in Washington Pedestrian Fatalities, 2008-2012." Washington Traffic Safety Commission; Research and Data Division (RADD). Washington State Department of Transportation (WSDOT), n.d. Web. <http://wtsc.wa.gov/wp-content/uploads/dlm_uploads/2014/11/Factors-in-Pedestrian-Fatals-Crashes-2008-12.pdf>.
Lim, Eunyoung. "A Profile of Pedestrian Fatalities in King County, Washington." Public Health — Seattle & King County. King County, WA, June 2005. Web. <http://www.kingcounty.gov/depts/health/violence-injury-prevention/traffic-safety/~/media/depts/health/violence-injury-prevention/documents/profile-pedestrian-fatalities.ashx>.
Lowy, Joan. "Pedestrian Deaths Surge in 2015, up 28% in Washington State, Early Data Shows." The Seattle Times. The Seattle Times Company, 08 Mar. 2016. Web. <http://www.seattletimes.com/nation-world/early-data-suggests-pedestrian-deaths-surged-in-2015/>.
"Pedestrian Safety." King County. Public Health — Seattle & King County, n.d. Web. <h
"Pedestrians and Bicyclists." Highway Loss Data Institute. Insurance Institute for Highway Safety (IIHS), n.d. Web. <http://www.iihs.org/iihs/topics/t/pedestrians-and-bicyclists/topicoverview>.
SDOT Pedestrian Program. Rep. Seattle Department of Transportation, n.d. Web. <http://www.seattle.gov/transportation/pedestrian.htm>.
"Washington State Bicycle Laws." WSDOT. Washington State Department of Transportation (WSDOT), 16 Dec. 2016. Web. <http://www.wsdot.wa.gov/bike/Laws.htm>.
Washington State Transportation Center (TRAC), Washington State Department of Transportation, and Washington State Transportation Commission. "PEDESTRIAN SAFETY AND TRANSIT CORRIDORS." WA-RD 556.1 (2003): n. pag. TRAC. Washington State Transportation Center (TRAC). Web. <http://depts.washington.edu/trac/bulkdisk/pdf/556.1.pdf>.
Below are just a few of the many pedestrian accident cases that have been successfully resolved by Davis Law Group.
- $2,700,000 Pedestrian Struck By Bus In Crosswalk (Case No. 201285)
- $2,050,000 Pedestrian Struck By Drunk Driver / Dram Shop Case (Case No. 200809, Insurance Company: Nevada Capital)
- $1,500,000 Pedestrian Struck In Crosswalk By Delivery Truck (Case No. 200668, Insurance Company: Confidential)
- $1,350,000 Settlement For Family Of Woman Killed By Metro Bus Read Client Story
- $1,300,000 Pedestrian Struck By Car (Case No. 200702, Insurance Company: American Commerce)
- $1,290,000 Pedestrian Struck By Truck In Marked Crosswalk (Case No. 201104, Insurance Company: Safeco)
- $1 Million Settlement for Pedestrian Pinned to Wall by DUI Driver Read The Client Story
- $800,000 Pedestrian Hit By Car In Crosswalk (Case No. 200515, Insurance Company: QBE Regional Insurance)
- $770,000 Pedestrian Hit In Crosswalk In Seattle U-District (Case No. 200910, Insurance Company: National Surety Corporation)
- $750,000 Settlement for Pedestrian Struck by Commercial Vehicle Read The Client Story
- $716,000 Settlement for Pedestrian Struck in Unmarked Crosswalk Read The Client Story
- $550,000 Pedestrian Struck By Car On Sidewalk (Case No. 200804, Insurance Company: Pemco)
- $500,000 Pedestrian Hit By Van (Case No. 200188, Insurance Company: Farmers)
- $450,000 Pedestrian Hit By Van (Case No. 200846, Insurance Company: Allstate)
- $400,000 Settlement for Pedestrian Hit in Marked Crosswalk Read The Client Story
- $385,000 For Pedestrian Accident Victim With Brain Bleed Read The Client Story
- $350,000 Scooter Driver Hit In Crosswalk (Case No. 200525, Insurance Company: CNA Insurance)
- $275,000 Settlement for Family of Fatal Pedestrian Accident Victim Read The Client Story
- $250,000 Settlement for Family of Woman Killed in Pedestrian Accident Read The Client Story
- $240,000 Pedestrian Hit By SUV In Parking Lot (Case No. 200818, Insurance Company: National General)
- $200,000 Wrongful Death of Pedestrian Killed After Exiting Bus (Case No. 200509, Insurance Company: The Hartford)
- $200,000 Pedestrians Struck By Speeding Vehicle (Case No. 201047, Insurance Company: Allstate)
- $200,000 Pedestrian Struck On Sidewalk By Left-Turning Vehicle (Case No. 200685, Insurance Company: Allstate)
- $200,000 Pedestrian Struck On Sidewalk (Case No. 200584, Insurance Company: Allstate)
- $200,000 Pedestrian Struck In Safeway Parking Lot Suffers Serious Injuries (Case No. 200521, Insurance Company: Allstate)
- $200,000 Pedestrian Struck in Marked Crosswalk (Case No. 200905, Insurance Company: USAA)
- $200,000 Pedestrian Struck In Crosswalk By Left-Turning Car (Case No. 201472, Insurance Company: State Farm)
- $200,000 Pedestrian Struck By Commercial Vehicle In Parking Lot (Case No. 200829, Insurance Company: Allstate)
- $200,000 Pedestrian Hit In Crosswalk By Left-Turning Vehcile (Case No. 200522, Insurance Company: Allstate)
- $200,000 Pedestrian Hit By Driver Failing To Yield Right Of Way (Case No. 201089, Insurance Company: Farmers)
- $150,000 Teen Pedestrian Struck By Car In Renton (Case No. 200843, Insurance Company: GEICO)
- $142,000 Settlement for Pedestrian with Shattered Wrist Read The Client Story
- $140,000 Pedestrian Struck In Goodwill Donation Lane (Case No. 200556, Insurance Company: USAA)
- $140,000 Pedestrian Hit In Redmond Crosswalk (Case No. 200662, Insurance Company: GEICO)
- $135,000 Pedestrian Crossing With Signal Hit In Crosswalk (Case No. 200197, Insurance Company: The Hartford)
- $120,000 Pedestrian Hit By Right-Turning Driver After Exiting Bus (Case No. 200703, Insurance Company: USAA)
- $104,405 Pedestrian Struck By Pickup Truck In Crosswalk (Case No. 200852, Insurance Company: Farmers)
- $100,000 Settlement for Pedestrian with Shattered Bones Read The Client Story
- $100,000 Pedestrian Hit By Truck In Grocery Store Parking Lot (Case No. 201195, Insurance Company: Liberty Mutual)
- $100,000 Pedestrian Hit By SUV On Sidewalk (Case No. 201093, Insurance Company: GEICO)
- $100,000 Pedestrian Hit By Delivery Truck (Case No. 201187, Insurance Company: Progressive)
- $100,000 Pedestrian Hit By Car In Shopping Center Parking Lot (Case No. 200506, Insurance Company: State Farm)
- $96,500 Pedestrian Hit While Jogging (Case No. 200738, Insurance Company: Pemco)
- $75,000 Pedestrian In Crosswalk Hit By Taxi Cab (Case No. 200324, Insurance Company: Specialty Risk Services)
- $74,000 Pedestrian Struck In Hospital Parking Lot (Case No. 200496, Insurance Company: Mutual of Enumclaw)
- $73,545 Pedestrian Hit By Pickup Truck IN Crosswalk (Case No. 200871, Insurance Company: Travelers)
- $68,000 Vehicle Hits Pedestrian In Crosswalk (Case No. 201077, Insurance Company: Zurich)
- $60,000 Pedestrian Hit By Car That Was Rear-Ended (Case No. 200659, Insurance Company: American Family)
- $50,000 Pedestrian Hit In Crosswalk Due To Failure To Yield (Case No. 200555, Insurance Company: Patriot General)
- $50,000 Pedestrian Hit By Car In Marked Crosswalk (Case No. 201335, Insurance Company: GEICO)
- $46,000 Pedestrian Hit In Marked Crosswalk With Walk Signal (Case No. 201191, Insurance Company: State Farm)
- $42,431 Pedestrian Walking Dogs Hit By Minivan From Behind (Case No. 200560, Insurance Company: State Farm)
- $41,000 Student Hit By Car In Crosswalk Near School (Case No. 200923, Insurance Company: Allstate)
- $38,400 Car Hits Two Pedestrians On Sidewalk (Case No. 200480, Insurance Company: State Farm)
- $32,000 Pedestrian Hit In Unregulated Crosswalk (Case No. 201175, Insurance Company: Progressive)
- $30,000 Pedestrian Struck By Passing Vehicle (Case No. 200080, Insurance Company: GEICO)
- $28,840 Pedestrian Hit In Macy's Parking Lot (Case No. 200686, Insurance Company: American Commerce)
- $23,000 Pedestrian Struck While Walking To School In Crosswalk (Case No. 200520, Insurance Company: GEICO)