Legal Action Against Seattle Department of Transportation
The City of Seattle Department of Transportation (SDOT) is responsible (or irresponsible) for dozens of road repair and construction projects each year in its effort to build and maintain our local transportation network, a network that consists of over 1600 miles of road.
Construction crews, road closures, and detours are common. In every project, from filling a pothole to reconstructing an entire street, safety is always a top priority. Accidents are rather frequent. If the SDOT or one of its employees forgot to remove equipment or threw up a warning sign with no regard to a driver being able to see it, then the person injured by that negligence may have a valid legal claim.
Legal Action Against SDOT
Davis Law Group, P.S. founder Chris Davis is one of the most respected and recognized civil litigation lawyers practicing in Washington State. Davis Law Group has been named Best Injury Law Firm in Washington State by AI Dispute Resolution Awards.
If you or a loved one has suffered an injury due to a Washington State governmental entity contact attorney Chris Davis and the team at Davis Law Group at 206-727-4000 to schedule your free legal consultation.
Examples of SDOT Negligence
- Ineffective roadway design
- Road signs blocked by foliage
- Bicycle paths crisscrossed with edges
- Dangerous sidewalks
- Inadequate bridge or road maintenance
- Poorly placed pedestrian signals & misplaced direction signs
- Hazardous roadblocks, construction signs, or blockade placement
- Lack of basic maintenance
- Failing to warn drivers of unsafe conditions or road closure;
- Construction materials left in the road
- Confusing way-finding signs
Consultation with a Personal Injury Attorney
If you or a loved one was injured in an accident and you suspect that the SDOT may be responsible contact the Davis Law Group for a free case review and find out if you may have rights to a personal injury claim. You may be entitled to financial compensation in order to pay for your injuries, medical bills and other damages.
Davis Law Group attorneys represent accident victims on a contingency fee basis, meaning the client owes no attorney fees until we successfully recover compensation for you and your loved ones. This structure allows people with limited financial means to get the quality legal representation they need and deserve.
We also offer a variety of consultation options in order to make the process as easy as possible for you and your family. If you would like to speak with someone about a potential claim, please contact us now or call (206) 727-4000 to get started. The information may be priceless and there is no obligation.
Below are just a few of the many government injury cases that have been successfully resolved by Davis Law Group.
- CONFIDENTIAL For Victims Of Serious Transportation Catastrophe
- CONFIDENTIAL For Dept of Corrections Wrongdoing
- $3,400,000 Paid By DOC for Brain Injury and Wrongful Death Read The Client Story
- $2,936,821 Wrongful Death Accident Involving A Bus (Case No. 200672, Insurance Company: Gallagher Bassett)
- $330,000 Settlement After Bus Accident
- $100,000 Settlement For Bicyclist Hit By King County Metro Transit Bus
- $75,000 Settlement For Pedestrian Hit By County Vehicle
- $75,000 Settlement Against City of Seattle For Bicyclist Injured On Railroad Crossing
- $44,000 Speeding Bus Driver Crashes Into Two Cars (Case No. 200767, Insurance Company: Lancer)