Lawsuits & Settlements: Kids Injured In Motor Vehicle Collisions
Children can be injured in automobiles in many ways, through traffic related accidents and through non-traffic related accidents. Serious injuries or death of a child in an automobile accident may be the most devastating experience that a family can endure. Many people don’t know that motor vehicle collisions are the number one cause of injury, disability and death among teenagers in this country.
Compensation For Children After An Automobile Accident
Compensation for a child’s injuries may be last thing that you are thinking about while helping your child recover. But it is important that you understand the legal rights of parents and children.
After a car accident your child and you may be entitled to compensation for injuries suffered in the crash. This applies to virtually all types of car accident injuries such as: accidents where you are the at-fault driver, accident caused by another driver, drunk driving accidents, injuries from defective car seats, hit-and-run accidents, etc.
Attorney for Children Injured in Car Accidents
Attorney Chris Davis is widely considered to be the best choice for parents seeking legal assistance with their child’s car accident case. Davis has helped hundreds of child accident victims in Washington State. He is also the author of Little Kids Big Accidents: What Every Parent Should Know About Children & Accidents. He is also the author of The Ten Biggest Mistakes That Can Wreck Your Washington Accident Case. Davis offers both of these books, free of charge, to the parents of children who were injured in car accidents. Child injury lawyer (and father) Chris Davis represents the families of children who have been severely injured in automobile accidents. We treat each case as if it is our most important case, because it is your most important case.
Child Car Accident Injury & Death Statistics
Source: U.S. National Highway Transportation Safety Administration (NHTSA)
- On average, nearly 250,000 children and teens are injured every year in car accidents.
- More than 1,400 children (those under 15 years of age) are killed each year in car accidents.
- Approximately 203,000 children (those under 15 years of age) are injured in car accidents each year.
- More than 540 teens (16 to 19 years of age) die each year of injuries caused by motor vehicle crashes.
- Nearly 400,000 teens (16 to 19 years of age) require treatment in an emergency department every year because of an accident.
Below are just a few of the many car accident cases involving children that have been successfully resolved by Davis Law Group.
- $4,000,000 Wrongful Death Settlement for Children of Accident Victim Read The Client Story
- $420,000 Settlement For Child Suffering TBI
- $416,500 Settlement for Children With Car Accident Injuries
- $415,000 Settlement for Young Boy Hit by Car While Exiting Bus
- $400,000 Settlement For 7 year old Boy Hit by Ford Explorer
- $197,000 Teen Driver Rear-Ends Family With Four Children (Case No. 200468, Insurance Company: Progressive)
- $150,000 Settlement for 12 year old boy
- $62,000 Boy On Bicycle Hit While Riding In Neighborhood (Case No. 200647, Insurance Company: Pemco)
- $40,852 Distracted Driver Hits Monther Driving With Two Small Children (Case No. 200719, Insurance Company: State Farm)