Washington State Motor Vehicle Accident Statistics
Posted on Aug 16, 2010
- More than 600 people die in collisions each year.
- Collisions of all types have gone up 45% from 1980 to 2002.
- Costs the State and estimated $5.6 billion annually for motor vehicle collisions.
- The number of accidents primarily occur on state highways.
- Most serious accidents occur on county roads.
- The youth drivers demographic (16-20) have the highest rate of fatal collision.
- Top three fatal accident contributors: Lane errors (43%), Alcohol (30%), Speeding (24%)
- Only 1.4% of accidents involve motorcycles.
- 12% of fatal accidents involve motorcycles.
- 11% of fatal accidents involve pedestrians.
Read More About Washington State Motor Vehicle Accident Statistics...