Since 1994, Davis Law Group, P.S. has developed a reputation for achieving excellent results for our clients – in the form of high-value personal injury settlements and jury verdicts that not only provide victims with relief, but also help prevent these tragedies from ever happening to another person in the future.
We have represented thousands of accident victims in their battles to recover fair compensation from the deep-pocketed and aggressive insurance companies. However, there are a few significant cases in particular that have helped shape our identity as a top-rated personal injury law firm.
- Our attorneys held a municipality responsible for its negligence and helped re-shape policies and procedures after maintenance crews failed to use a “flagger” while working on a power line. The truck’s location caused a traffic blind spot which led to a serious collision, leaving our client with several broken bones and a traumatic brain injury that would affect her for the rest of her life. That case resulted in a $5 million settlement for the victim.
- When a man fell asleep behind the wheel and crashed his company vehicle, killing a mother of four young children, the woman’s family called Davis Law Group. It was a pretty straightforward case, except that the insurance company for the at-fault driver denied the claim and maintained that they were not liable for the collision. We were forced to file suit and during our preparation for a jury trial, the defendants changed course and decided to settle the case for $4 million, which was placed into a trust for the woman’s four adolescent children.
- We also represented the surviving loved ones of a man who was killed when a vehicle involved in a high-speed police chase crashed into his vehicle. It was later discovered that the at-fault driver was a wanted felon, and that the Washington State Department of Corrections (DOC) had failed to take her into custody despite concrete knowledge of her whereabouts. Our attorneys filed a lawsuit against the state and the DOC, and the state decided to settle the case for $3.4 million in the midst of a jury trial.
- When a 17-year-old boy was tragically killed in an armed robbery, the boy’s family had a feeling something wasn’t right. We investigated the case and discovered that one of the suspects in the robbery had recently been mistakenly-released by the Department of Corrections. It was eventually determined that the State of Washington had mistakenly released hundreds of dangerous inmates months earlier than they should have, which resulted in statewide efforts to fix the problem. Our attorneys recovered a $3.25 million settlement for the boy’s estate and surviving family members.
- We represented the surviving adult children of an elderly couple killed in a collision caused by a commercial vehicle which ran a red light and t-boned the family’s vehicle on Mother’s Day. The at-fault driver blamed the collision on a mechanical failure, but our accident scene reconstruction and mechanical engineering experts maintained that the vehicle was in satisfactory condition. The contradicting accounts of what caused the collision forced us to file suit, and the case eventually resulted in a $3 million settlement for the estate and an additional undisclosed settlement for one of the surviving adult children, who was also badly injured in the collision.
These are just a few examples of the many times we have held negligent parties responsible for their actions and achieved justice for our clients. You can learn about many more cases we have handled by viewing our Case Results and Client Stories pages.