Attorney Chris Davis Discussing Insurance Company Settlement Tactics
State Farm Insurance: Denied or Undervalued Motor Vehicle Accident Claims
State Farm Insurance is a group of insurance and financial services companies. It is the largest automobile insurer in the United States continuously since 1942 and insures more cars and homes in the United States than any other insurer. The company also has operations in Canada.
Bad Faith Claims Against State Farm Insurance
Davis Law Group, P.S. founder Chris Davis is one of the most respected and recognized civil litigation lawyers practicing in Washington State. Davis Law Group has been named Best Injury Law Firm in Washington State by AI Dispute Resolution Awards.
If you or a loved one has been seriously injured in a motor vehicle accident in Washington State contact attorney Chris Davis and the team at Davis Law Group at 206-727-4000 to schedule your free legal consultation.
Settlements & Verdicts Against State Farm
Below are just a few of Davis Law Group's successful settlements and verdicts against State Farm Insurance
- $2,600,000 Serious Injury From Boating Accident (Case No. 200524)
- $1,200,000 Motorcycle Hit By Motor Vehicle (Case No. 201094)
- $945,441 Rear-Ended In Downtown Seattle (Case No. 200981)
- $450,000 Sedan Hit By SUV (Case No. 200379)
- $300,000 Dog Attack (Case No. 200748)
- $300,000 Car Accident On Westlake Avenue (Case No. 200483)
- $250,000 T-bone Accident Pushes Victim Car Into Head-On Crash (Case No. 200593)
- $250,000 Motorcyclist Hit By Car Making Unsafe Turn (Case No. 201228)
- $202,000 Hit By Driver That Ran A Red Light (Case No. 200885)
- $200,000 T-Bone By Drunk Driver (Case No. 201224)
- $200,000 T-Bone Accident Caused By A Driver's Failure To Yield (Case No. 200454)
- $200,000 Pedestrian Struck In Crosswalk By Left-Turning Car (Case No. 201472)
- $200,000 Confidential Case Details (Case No. 200035)
- $180,000 Motorcycle Rear-Ended At Stop Lisght (Case No. 200528)
- $160,000 Sideswiped And Pshed Into Fire Hydrant (Case No. 200309)
- $150,000 Crash Caused By Driver Running Red Light (Case No. 200758)
- $136,000 T-Boned At Intersection (Case No. 200588)
- $110,000 Two-Vehicle Side-Impact Collision (Case No. 200752)
- $102,856 Stopped At Intersection, Struck By Red-Light Running Car (Case No. 200585)
- $100,487 Rear-Ended By Distracted Driver (Case No. 200030)
- $100,000 T-Boned By Driver Failing To Yield (Case No. 200898)
- $100,000 Pedestrian Hit By Car In Shopping Center Parking Lot (Case No. 200506)
- $100,000 Motorcycle Crash Into Car Making Usafe Turn (Case No. 201002)
- $95,000 Car Accident Caused By Vehicle Making Illegal U-Turn (Case No. 200635)
- $92,584 At-Fault Driver Ran Stop Sign Causing Crash (Case No. 200791)
- $90,000 Head-On Crash Caused By Failure To Yield (Case No. 200464)
- $85,000 Rear-Ended At Stop Light Intersection (Case No. 200628)
- $80,000 Merging Vehicle Crashes Into Highway Traffic (Case No. 200592)
- $70,000 DUI Driver Rear-Ends Car At Stop Light (Case No. 200698)
- $70,000 Dog Bites Young Boy (Case No. 200980)
- $68,000 Delivery Truck Hits Another Commercial Vehicle (Case No. 200636)
- $65,000 Rear-End Crash Pushes Truck Into Oncoming Traffic (Case No. 200432)
- $60,000 Rear-Ended While Parked On The Side Of The Streen (Case No. 200503)
- $60,000 Rear-Ended On Interstate 5 (Case No. 200523)
- $60,000 Dog Bites Woman Walking Near Home (Case No. 200754)
- $56,000 Two-Vehicle Rear-End Accident On I-5 (Case No. 200409)
- $46,000 Pedestrian Hit In Marked Crosswalk With Walk Signal (Case No. 201191)
- $45,000 T-Boned By Driver Failing To Yield To Stop Sign (Case No. 200339)
- $43,286 4-Car Crash On Interstate I-5 (Case No. 200855)
- $42,431 Pedestrian Walking Dogs Hit By Minivan From Behind (Case No. 200560)
- $41,000 Rear-Ended On I-90 to I-5 On-Ramp (Case No. 200651)
- $40,852 Distracted Driver Hits Monther Driving With Two Small Children (Case No. 200719)
- $40,840 Utility Truck Side Swipes Vehicle On I-5 (Case No. 200325)
- $40,000 T-Boned By Car Making Illegal Left Turn (Case No. 200682)
- $40,000 Head-On Collision With Driver Than Ran Red Light (Case No. 200645)
- $38,750 Passenger Injured In Seattle Car Accident (Case No. 200482)
- $38,400 Car Hits Two Pedestrians On Sidewalk (Case No. 200480)
- $22,000 Rear-Ended By Car Making Left Turn (Case No. 200689)
Good Neighbor's Shouldn't Deny Claim & Falsify Evidence
State Farm doesn’t have the best interest of its insured customers in mind and it’s not “like a good neighbor” as it touts in its misleading commercials.
In 2013 State Farm was convicted of fraud against the federal government. The company ordered employees to alter insurance claims and manipulation of evidence in the case of a homeowner who was denied full coverage after the insurance giant alleged the home’s damage was caused by flooding, not wind. The courts found that, State Farm collected National Flood Insurance Program (NFIP) funds fraudulently.
State Farm Insurance Company Profile
The group's main business is State Farm Mutual Automobile Insurance Company, a mutual insurance firm that also owns the other State Farm companies. The corporate headquarters are in Bloomington, Illinois.
State Farm is ranked 31st in the 2009 Fortune 500, which lists American companies by revenue. According to the Fortune Global 500, State Farm is also the world's largest mutual property & casualty insurance firm. In October 2008, State Farm Insurance Companies in Canada was named one of Greater Toronto's Top Employers by Mediacorp Canada Inc., which was announced by the Toronto Star newspaper.
Injury Lawsuits Brought Against the State Farm Insurance Company
Have you been involved in an accident where either you or the at-fault were insured by State Farm Insurance? In order to achieve a financially favorable settlement or court result, it is important to research how other people and organizations have successfully navigated an insurance claim or settlement with specific insurance companies. This helps you avoid making the same mistakes others have made. It can provide insight as to which actions might affect the value of your settlement. It also helps highlight pivotal legal strategies and avenues that have helped win lawsuits against major insurance companies such as State Farm Insurance.
Insurance companies are notorious for delaying the release of settlement funds at all costs. The practice exists in an extremely high percentage of insurance companies. It is designed as both a money saving and a money making technique. Major insurance companies usually have tens of billions of dollars on their books, which they invest in order to amplify their profits. Even if they have to pay a settlement, they will hold the money as long as legally possible in a leveraged effort to increase their own profits.
In addition to delaying the disbursement of settlement funds, insurance companies deploy many of the following techniques to save costs:
- Nickel and dime smaller individual clients with various charges with the knowledge they cannot afford to investigate their legal options.
- Present clients with a very small initial settlement offer, as many policy holders do not realize they do not have to accept the insurance company’s first offer.
- Wait until the last possible week to disperse funds, as some negotiations can last well over a year.
If you have sustained personal injuries that will be permanent, it is important to use an expert trial attorney.
Injury Claim Information Involving State Farm Insurance:
Dateline investigates State Farm Insurance Company and its little-known practice of "paper review." View Full Article