Attorney Chris Davis Discussing Insurance Company Settlement Tactics
Nationwide Mutual Insurance Company & Affiliated Companies is a group of large U.S. insurance and financial services companies based in Columbus, Ohio. The company also operates regional headquarters in Des Moines, Iowa, and San Antonio, Texas, and Gainesville, Florida.
Attorneys Fighting Against Nationwide Insurance
Davis Law Group, P.S. founder Chris Davis is one of the most respected and recognized civil litigation lawyers practicing in Washington State. Davis Law Group has been named Best Injury Law Firm in Washington State by AI Dispute Resolution Awards.
If you or a loved one has been seriously injured in a motor vehicle accident in Washington State contact attorney Chris Davis and the team at Davis Law Group at 206-727-4000 to schedule your free legal consultation.
Nationwide Settlements & Verdicts
Below are just a few of Davis Law Group's successful cases against Nationwide Insurance.
- $250,000 Confidential Case Details (Case No. 200505)
- $120,000 Two-Car Motor Vehicle Collison (Case No. 200314)
- $117,500 Rear-End Multi-Car Accident (Case No. 200239)
- $110,000 Car Accident Caused By At-Fault Driver (Case No. 200270)
- $100,000 Passenger In Vehicle Rear-Ended (Case No. 200637)
- $70,000 Commercial Truck Turns Into Car (Case No. 201098)
- $57,000 Car Hit By Vehicle Merging Onto I-5 (Case No. 200666)
- $50,000 Rear-End Collision Pushes Car Into Guard Rail (Case No. 200535)
- $36,500 Distracted Driver Causes Collision (Case No. 200313)
Lawsuits Brought Against Nationwide InsuranceHave you recently been in a car accident in which either you, the at-fault or both have been covered by the Nationwide Insurance Company? Many accidents require you to take legal action. While this may be unpleasant at times, it is crucial to research how other people, organizations and companies have successfully navigated insurance claims and settlements with specific insurance companies in order to achieve a just settlement or court outcome. This will provide you with strategies designed to help you avoid repeating similar mistakes others have made when legally dealing with insurance companies. Research gives you helpful insight as to which strategies and actions that might affect the monetary value of your settlement. It also helps identifdy critical legal strategies and avenues that have helped win lawsuits against major insurance companies such as Nationwide Insurance.
Insurance companies are renowned for delaying the release of settlement funds to its individual clients because they understand this segment of its business generally cannot afford to legally press for the speedy release of these funds. This questionable practice is implemented by an extremely high percentage of insurance companies. It is designed as both a money-making and a money-preserving technique. Major insurance companies usually have tens of billions of dollars due to high volume revenue and cash flow. Similar to banks, they invest these funds in order to amplify their profits. Even if they are required to pay a settlement, they will hold the money as long as legally possible in a leveraged effort to increase their own profits through the interest they earn on their investments.
In addition to delaying the disbursement of settlement funds, most insurance companies implement many of the following strategies to cut costs and generate profit:
- Nickel and dime smaller individual clients with various charges with the knowledge they cannot afford to investigate their legal options.
- Present clients with a very small initial settlement offer, as many policy holders do not realize they do not have to accept the insurance company’s first offer.
- Wait until the last possible week to disperse funds, as some negotiations can last well over a year.
- If you have sustained personal injuries that will be permanent, it is important to use an expert trial attorney.