If you are injured in a car accident with a GEICO policyholder — or if you are a GEICO customer yourself — you may quickly realize that the insurance company's representatives are employing some of the confusing and frustrating tactics mentioned below. It is very important for car accident victims to understand their legal rights after an accident and use that information to protect themselves during the negotiation process.
Company Profile: GEICO Insurance Company
The Government Employees Insurance Company (better known as "GEICO") is a leading American auto insurance company. GEICO is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Berkshire Hathaway which, as of 2007, provided coverage for more than 13 million motor vehicles owned by more than 12 million policy holders. GEICO offers private passenger automobile insurance in the District of Columbia and all 50 U.S. states.
GEICO generally deals directly with consumers via the telephone and the Internet, freeing up capital that would otherwise be spent on employing insurance agents in the field. The company is now the third largest direct writer of private auto insurance in the United States, and is perhaps best-known for its often humorous advertisements and various mascots - notably, the GEICO Gecko.
Accident Victims Treated Unfairly By GEICO
Insurance companies have been found to regularly engage in unethical business practices and bad faith tactics in hopes of frustrating you, the claimant, into accepting a lower settlement. If you identify with any of the situations outlined below, you may have fallen victim to bad faith insurance tactics.
- Are you involved in a motor vehicle accident claim with GEICO?
- Did you suffer serious injuries and or miss work?
- Are you a GEICO automobile insurance policy holder?
- Is the person who caused the accident covered by GEICO? Or do you both have GEICO?
- Is the GEICO claims adjuster difficult to work with? Or do they fail to communicate with you regularly?
- Did the adjuster give you an unfairly low settlement offer?
- Or did GEICO deny the claim?
If you answered yes to any of these questions, it is in your best interests to consult with a qualified personal injury attorney who is experienced in handling bad faith cases.
GEICO Insurance Claim Attorneys
Davis Law Group, P.S. has experience dealing with GEICO. Founder Chris Davis is one of the most respected and recognized civil litigation lawyers practicing in Washington State. Davis Law Group has been named Best Injury Law Firm in Washington State by AI Dispute Resolution Awards.
If you or a loved one has been seriously injured in a motor vehicle accident in Washington State contact attorney Chris Davis and the team at Davis Law Group at 206-727-4000 to schedule your free legal consultation.
Attorney Chris Davis Discussing Insurance Company Settlement Tactics
Davis Law Group's GEICO Experience
Below are just a few examples of personal injury lawsuits against GEICO Insurance successfully resolved on behalf of our clients. Many settlements are confidential.
- $1,777,888: Serious head-on motor vehicle accident.
- $795,000: A motorcyclist hit by an SUV recovered compensation.
- $500,000: A motor vehicle accident caused by a driver under the influence of drugs resulted in a settlement against GEICO.
- $450,000: A pedestrian walking in a parking lot was hit by a car.
- $310,000: Passengers involved in car crashes can recover significant compensation.
- $250,000: A driver recklessly operating a moped hit a pedestrian.
- $250,000: An unsafe left turn by a driver caused an innocent person significant medical bills.
- $225,500: Another unsafe lane change resulted in a settlement with GEICO insurance.
- $200,000: Heavy traffic can be dangerous. Stop-and-go traffic caused this rear end accident collision.
- $200,000: A driver failing to yield caused this accident settlement.
- $185,000: Our client was sideswiped by a van.
- $161,000: A head-on collision with another vehicle netted a large settlement against GEICO for our client.
- $150,000: A Renton teenage pedestrian was struck by a car.
GEICO Injury Accident Lawsuits
You may be considering legal action against GEICO if you were injured in an accident and have an insurance policy from the company, or if you have been injured in an accident with a driver who is insured by the company. The insurance industry's business model is reliant on collecting cash from customers through premiums and deductibles and denying customers payment.
If you or a loved one has been injured in an accident and they or the at-fault driver is a GEICO policyholder, it is important to understand typical settlement tactics that these companies often use to devalue injury victims' claims. Insurance companies are in business for profit, and one of the ways these corporations remain profitable is by minimizing the amount of money they pay out for valid personal injury claims.
Insurance companies, such as GEICO Insurance, are notorious for stalling the release of settlement funds until the last possible second. It's a questionable practice used by a majority of insurance companies today because it keeps money in their pocket. Major insurance companies usually have access to tens of billions of dollars and, as is the case with banks, this money isn't liquid. It's invested to increase its profits.
GEICO Insurance Claim Accident Lawyers
Davis Law Group founder Chris Davis is one of the most respected and recognized civil litigation lawyers practicing in Washington state. If you or a loved one has been seriously injured in a motor vehicle accident in Washington state, contact attorney Chris Davis and the team at Davis Law Group at (206) 727-4000 to schedule your free legal consultation.