Insurance Bad Faith Claims Against Progressive
Many Progressive customers are shocked to discover that the insurance company regularly offers low-ball settlement offers for serious car accident injuries. Loyal customers who have been paying their premiums on-time for years feel betrayed when insurance adjustors delay, deny or defend against legitimate automobile accident claims. Many feel that the company is acting in bad faith and ultimately decide to hire an attorney to manage the claim or file a lawsuit against Progressive Insurance.
Lawyers Handling Progressive Insurance Claims
Davis Law Group, P.S. has experience dealing with the unfair claims handling practices of Progressive Insurance. Founder Chris Davis is one of the most respected and recognized civil litigation lawyers practicing in Washington State. Davis Law Group has been named Best Injury Law Firm in Washington State by AI Dispute Resolution Awards.
If you or a loved one has been seriously injured in a motor vehicle accident in Washington State contact attorney Chris Davis and the team at Davis Law Group at (206) 727-4000 to schedule your free legal consultation.
Attorney Chris Davis Discussing Insurance Company Settlement Tactics
Progressive Insurance Settlements & VerdictsBelow are just a few of Davis Law Group's settlements and verdicts against Progressive Insurance.
- $1,650,000 Drunk Driver Cases Motor Vehicle Crash (Case No. 200333)
- $1,162,231 Rear-Ended By Drink Driver At Stop Light (Case No. 200150)
- $550,000 Accident Caused By Driver Crossing Center Line (Case No. 201476)
- $400,000 T-Boned On Ranier Avenue (Case No. 201052)
- $330,000 Accident Caused By Driver Crossing The Double-Yellow Line (Case No. 200834)
- $250,000 Motorcyclist Hit By Teen Driver Making Illegal U-Turn (Case No. 201480)
- $210,000 Chain Reaction, Rear-End, Multi-Vehicle Crash (Case No. 200888)
- $200,000 Rear-Ended On 1-5 In Downtown Seattle (Case No. 200586)
- $197,000 Teen Driver Rear-Ends Family With Four Children (Case No. 200468)
- $166,000 Hit By Car Backing Up (Case No. 200353)
- $165,000 Injured In Rear-End Collision (Case No. 200178)
- $156,000 Rear-Ended By Drunk Driver At Stop Light (Case No. 200793)
- $150,000 Motorcyclist Hit By Teen Driver With Teen Passengers (Case No. 200972)
- $125,000 Distracted Driver Causes Car Accident Injuries (Case No. 200043)
- $110,000 Rear-Ended On Side Of Highway While Making Repairs (Case No. 200281)
- $100,000 T-Boned By Drug-Impaired Driver (Case No. 201352)
- $100,000 Pedestrian Hit By Delivery Truck (Case No. 201187)
- $100,000 Injured While Sitting In Rear-Ended Parked Car (Case No. 200210)
- $100,000 Drunk Driver Causes Accident On West Seattle Bridge (Case No. 201070)
- $100,000 Car Hit Broadside By Distracted Driver (Case No. 200674)
- $100,000 Accident Caused By Driver Wearing Headphones (Case No. 200160)
- $60,000 Motor Vehicle Accident Caused By Other Driver (Case No. 201003)
- $55,468 Vehicle System Failure Causes Accident (Case No. 200563)
- $50,000 Rear-Ended In Stopped Traffic On I-5 (Case No. 201141)
- $50,000 Rear-End Accident In Normandy Park (Case No. 201165)
- $50,000 Drunk Driving Crash On I-405 (Case No. 200762)
- $50,000 Drunk Driver Ran Stop Light Causing Accident (Case No. 200326)
- $46,000 Car Lost Control In Snow Causing Head-On Collision (Case No. 200304)
- $32,000 Pedestrian Hit In Unregulated Crosswalk (Case No. 201175)
- $23,000 Distracted Driver Rear-Ends Stopped Cars (Case No. 200900)
Unethical Claims Practices by Progressive Insurance
In 2007 it was discovered that Progressive Insurance had hired private investigators to pose as church congregation members in order to collect information on litigants seeking compensation from the company. There have been other lawsuits filed against Progressive for invasion of privacy and fraud. The company has been sued for allegedly deceiving policyholders by employing illegally operated, unlicensed body shops to make repairs on vehicles for their clients in order to save money. The company has also been widely criticized online for how it handled claims filed by the family of a woman who was was hit and killed by a Progressive-insured driver who ran a red light.
Company Profile: Progressive Casualty InsuranceThe Progressive Corporation ranks among the United States' most successful property and casualty insurers. Progressive is one of the largest auto insurers in the United States, with over 13 million policies in force. The holding company's primary subsidiary, Progressive Casualty Insurance Co., got its start by insuring "non-standard" or high-risk drivers.
The company operates in three segments: Personal Lines, Commercial Auto, and Other-indemnity. The Personal Lines segment writes insurance for private passenger automobiles, motorcycles, boats, and recreational vehicles through both an independent agency channel and a direct channel. The Commercial Auto segment writes primary liability and physical damage insurance for automobiles and trucks owned by businesses primarily through the independent agency channel