Former Farmers Insurance Adjuster Speaks Out
Bad Faith Claims In Washington State Against Farmers Insurance Group
According to Washington State Office of the Insurance Commissioner, out of 101 auto insurance companies in Washington state Farmers Insurance had the most complaints (173) in 2005. In 2007, Farmers Insurance spent over $1.8 million dollars to fight a Washington state law that would make it illegal to treat customers unfairly. According to State Department of Insurance reports that Farmers Insurance has numerous complains in Washington State. The Better Business Bureau (BBB) has given Farmers its worst rating, an “F”.
Insurance Bad Faith Lawyers Fighting Farmers
Davis Law Group, P.S. founder Chris Davis is one of the most respected and recognized civil litigation lawyers practicing in Washington State. Davis Law Group has been named Best Injury Law Firm in Washington State by AI Dispute Resolution Awards.
If you or a loved one has been seriously injured in a motor vehicle accident in Washington State contact attorney Chris Davis and the team at Davis Law Group at 206-539-0939 to schedule your free legal consultation.
Attorney Chris Davis Discussing Insurance Company Settlement Tactics
Settlements & Verdicts Against Farmers Insurance
Below are just a few of Davis Law Group's successful cases against Farmers Insurance.
- $2,760,000 Wrongful Death From Motor Vehicle Accident (Case No. 200551)
- $1,200,000 Teen Driver Crashes Into Family Driving Home From Church (Case No. 200402)
- $1,090,000 Rear-Ended By Distracted Driver (Case No. 200299)
- $700,000 Seriously Injured In Motor Vehicle Accident (Case No. 201347)
- $600,000 Passenger Injured By Reckless Driver (Case No. 200677)
- $570,000 Struck By Speeding Car That Ran Stop Light (Case No. 201037)
- $500,000 Pedestrian Hit By Van (Case No. 200188)
- $500,000 Jury Award Against Farmers Insurance
- $300,000 Bicycle Hit By Vehicle Exiting Driveway (Case No. 200617)
- $270,000 Drunk Driver Crosses Center Line (Case No. 200442)
- $250,000 At-fault Driver Makes Illegal U-Turn Causing Crash (Case No. 200610)
- $200,000 Rear-Ended On 1-5 On-Ramp (Case No. 200712)
- $200,000 Pedestrian Hit By Driver Failing To Yield Right Of Way (Case No. 201089)
- $187,390 Confidential Case Details (Case No. 200625)
- $154,397 Illegal U-Turn Causes T-Bone Roll-Over Accident (Case No. 200596)
- $150,000 Woman Attacked By Pit Bull (Case No. 200534)
- $138,000 Car T-Boned By Red Light Running SUV (Case No. 200554)
- $104,405 Pedestrian Struck By Pickup Truck In Crosswalk (Case No. 200852)
- $100,000 Two-Vehicle Accident On Mult-Lane Road (Case No. 201095)
- $100,000 Drunk Driver Fails To Yield At Stop Sign Causing Crash (Case No. 200583)
- $100,000 Rear-Ended By Distracted Driver While At Stoplight (Case No. 200822)
- $100,000 Crash Caused By Intoxicated DUI Driver (Case No. 200810)
- $82,893 Multi-Vehicle Accident On I-5 (Case No. 200942)
- $80,000 Woman Bitten By Unleashed Dog (Case No. 200533)
- $66,000 Commercial Vehicle Causes Motor Vehicle Accident (Case No. 200841)
- $60,000 T-Boned In Uncontrolled Intersection (Case No. 200472)
- $55,000 Rear-Ended Twice In The Same Accident (Case No. 200198)
- $50,000 Injured In Denny Way Car Accident (Case No. 200504)
- $40,000 T-Boned At Uncontrolled Intersection (Case No. 200751)
- $28,800 Unsafe Turn Causes Accident on 164th (Case No. 201186)
Farmers Claims Adjusters Offer Low-Ball Settlements & Deny Claims
Farmers Insurance’s own customers frequently must resort to filing lawsuits after being offered low-ball settlements for injury claims and/or having their claims denied. And injury victims who suffered due to an accident caused by someone insured by Famers often have to file lawsuits in order to receive fair compensation for their injuries, harms and losses.
Farmers Insurance company offers its claims adjusters incentives to deny claims or reduce settlement amounts with low-ball offers--like bonuses, $25 gift certificates, pizza parties or other incentives.
Farmers Insurance Group Company Profile
Farmers Group, Inc is based in Woodland Hills, California and is the US subsidiary of Zurich Financial Services. Combined with the other companies in the Farmers Insurance family (Farmers Insurance Exchange, Truck Insurance Exchange, and Fire Insurance Exchange), this is one of the top US property/casualty insurance companies. Farmers is also the holding company of Farmers New World Life Insurance and specialty insurer Foremost Insurance. The company has over 28,000 employees.
In 2012, Zurich Insurance Group reported a business operating profit of $4.1 billion. Farmers Management Services business operating profit increased by $71 million to $1.4 billion or by 5 percent, primarily driven by the increase in gross earned premiums in the Farmers Exchanges, which are managed but not owned by Farmers Group, Inc., a wholly owned subsidiary of the Group.
Fortune Rankings : Farmers Group, Inc.
- #264 in FORTUNE 500 (June 2015)
- #264 in FORTUNE 1000 (June 2015)