Davis Law Group, P.S. occasionally grants salaried employees, for their convenience, the privilege of using personal smartphones, tablets or laptops to access company emails or resources. Davis Law Group, P.S. reserves the right to revoke this privilege if users do not abide by the policies and procedures outlined below.
Use (login) of this remote access site and/or connecting a device to Davis Law Group’s network or email resources constitutes your agreement to the terms and conditions set forth in this policy.
This policy is intended to protect the security and integrity of Davis Law Group’s data and technology infrastructure. Limited exceptions to the policy may occur due to variations in devices and platforms.
- The company defines acceptable business use as activities that directly or indirectly support the business of Davis Law Group.
- Employees may use their mobile device to access the following company-owned resources: email, calendars, contacts, documents, etc..
- Davis Law Group has a zero-tolerance policy for texting or emailing while driving and only hands-free talking while driving is permitted.
Devices and Support
- Smartphones including iPhone, Android, Blackberry and Windows phones are allowed.
- Tablets including iPad and Android are allowed.
- Connectivity issues are supported by Davis Law Group; employees should contact the device manufacturer or their carrier for operating system or hardware-related issues.
- Davis Law Group will not reimburse the employee for the cost of their personal communication or computing devices.
- Davis Law Group will not pay an allowance or cover any portion of phone/data plans on personal communication or computing devices.
- Davis Law Group will not reimburse the employee for the following charges: roaming, plan overages, etc.
- In order to prevent unauthorized access, devices must be password protected using the features of the device and a strong password is required to access the company network.
- Davis Law Group’s strong password policy is: Passwords must be at least six characters and a combination of upper- and lower-case letters, numbers and symbols. Passwords will be rotated every 90 days and the new password can’t be one of 15 previous passwords.
- The device must lock itself with a password or PIN if it’s idle for five minutes.
- Employees’ access to company data is limited based on user profiles defined by IT and automatically enforced.
- The employee’s device may be remotely wiped if 1) the device is lost, 2) the employee terminates his or her employment, 3) Davis Law Group detects a data or policy breach, a virus or similar threat to the security of the company’s data and technology infrastructure.
- While Davis Law Group will take every precaution to prevent the employee’s personal data from being lost in the event it must remote wipe a device, it is the employee’s responsibility to take additional precautions, such as backing up email, contacts, etc.
- The company reserves the right to disconnect devices or disable services without notification.
- The employee is expected to use his or her devices in an ethical manner at all times and adhere to the company’s acceptable use policy as outlined above.
- The employee is personally liable for all costs associated with his or her device.
- The employee assumes full liability for risks including, but not limited to, the partial or complete loss of company and personal data due to an operating system crash, errors, bugs, viruses, malware, and/or other software or hardware failures, or programming errors that render the device unusable.
- Davis Law Group reserves the right to take appropriate disciplinary action up to and including termination for noncompliance with this policy.