Substantial damage was done to the rear of SM’s vehicle, totalling nearly $5,000.
Washington law provides that the drivers on the road have the duty to exercise ordinary care and avoid causing a collision. See RCW 46.61.445 and Washington Pattern Jury Instruction (WPI) 70.01. MK was negligent when he failed to be attentive while driving a vehicle, watch for traffic, drive responsibly, and otherwise obey the rules of the road. As a direct result of MK’s negligence, SM sustained injuries to her neck, back, shoulders, and associated body structures.
The following is a list of injuries she sustained in this collision:
- Cervical strain/sprain and subluxations with pain, tenderness, muscle spasms, and limited range of motion. Whiplash injury with resultant ligamentous instability and acceleration of spinal disc disease.
- Back strain/sprain and subluxations with pain, tenderness, muscle spasms, soreness, tightness, and decreased range of motion (thoracic, lumbar, and sacral regions) with resultant ligamentous instability and acceleration of spinal disc disease. MRI reveals multi-level disc bulges and protrusions
- Shooting pain from low back, through buttocks, and down right leg (sciatica) with discomfort, tingling and numbness
- Shoulder pain, tenderness, muscle spasms, and decreased range of motion
- Sleep disturbances/fatigue
SM has experienced, and continues to experience, a significant loss of enjoyment of life. She was fairly healthy before the collision and since then has not as active as she was before. She must perform exercises at home on a regular basis just to manage/maintain her symptoms and avoid flare ups. She reports that if she does note stretch on a regular basis, a particular area deteriorates and has a cascade affect, resulting in the return of leg tingling and numbness. Her return to recreational activities has been slow and guarded for fear of re-injury.
SM now seeks damages incurred as a direct result of the injuries she sustained in the collision. In order to ensure that she received sufficient compensation for her medical expenses and loss of enjoyment of life, SM hired Seattle car accident lawyer and personal injury attorney Chris Davis. Mr. Davis is the founder and principal attorney of Seattle-based Davis Law Group and has had substantial success negotiating with Clarendon National Insurance claims representatives for just reimbursement and financial compensation.