Significant damage was done to the front of MP’s vehicle, clearly evidencing the force involved in this car accident. His vehicle was not drivable and had to be towed from the scene.
Washington law provides that the drivers on the road have the duty to exercise ordinary care and avoid causing a collision. See RCW 46.61.445 and Washington Pattern Jury Instruction (WPI) 70.01. SS was negligent when she failed to be attentive while driving her vehicle, obey traffic devices, and otherwise obey the rules of the road. MP did nothing to contribute to the cause of the crash and could do nothing to avoid the collision. As a direct result of another driver’s negligence, MP sustained injuries to his head, neck, back, hip, and associated body structures.
A summary of his injuries and treatment are outlined below.
- Closed head injury – concussion – with symptoms to include head pain, scalp abrasion, confusion, momentary loss of consciousness, and cognitive difficulties.
- Cervical strain/sprain and subluxations with in tenderness, pain, muscle spasms, and limited range of motion. Whiplash injury with resultant ligamentous instability and acceleration of spinal disc disease. Radicular symptoms into hand/finger with numbness
- Back strain/sprain and subluxations with pain, tenderness, muscle spasms, and limited range of motion (thoracic, lumbar, and sacroiliac regions) resulting in ligamentous instability and acceleration of spinal disc disease Pain radiating into left gluteal and hip region.
- Hip strain/sprain (left) with pain, tenderness, and limited range of motion – radiating from low back
- Chest wall contusion with pain, tenderness and discomfort with breathing/movement (caused by seat belt)
- Knee contusion (left) with pain, tenderness and discomfort with movement (struck against dashboard during impact)
- Sleep disturbances/fatigue
MP is a 38 year old married man with three children. He enjoys spending time with his family playing football, basketball, and wrestling with his children. Hobbies include golfing, sporting events, music, and movies, and outdoor activities.
MP has experienced, and continues to experience, a significant loss of enjoyment of life. He was fairly healthy before the collision and since then has not been as active as he was before. He must perform daily exercises at home just to manage/maintain his symptoms and avoid flare ups.
MP was a client of Safeco Insurance company, and spent a very large amount of time in an effort to secure a just and satisfactory financial settlement. To assist him, he hired personal injury lawyer Chris Davis.
Mr. Davis is the founder and principal attorney at the Davis Law Group in Seattle, and has a successful history of securing just financial compensation for his clients that have been in serious car accidents.