Washington law provides that the drivers on the road have the duty to exercise ordinary care and avoid causing a collision. See RCW 46.61.445 and Washington Pattern Jury Instruction (WPI) 70.01. GP was negligent when he failed to be attentive while driving a vehicle, watch for traffic, adjust his speed for conditions, and otherwise obey the rules of the road.
KN did nothing to contribute to the cause of the crash and could do nothing to avoid the collision. She suffered extensive personal injury as a result of the collision, outlined below:
- Rib fractures (multiple – 2) resulting in pain, tenderness, and increased discomfort with breathing and movement
- Sternum fracture resulting in pain, tenderness, and increased discomfort with breathing and movement
- Severe deep chest contusion (from seat belt) resulting in pain, tenderness, and increased discomfort with breathing and movement
- Shoulder (left) sprain/strain with injury to rotator cuff, torn ligament, and ruptured bicep resulting in pain, tenderness, and decreased mobility/function – surgical repair required
- Knee injury (right) with torn meniscus resulting in pain, tenderness, and decreased range of motion. Note: MRI revealed possible tear in left knee meniscus as well.
- Knee contusions (left and right) resulting in swelling, burning sensation into both knees, pain, tenderness, and decreased range of motion
- Sleep disturbances/fatigue
KN is a 69 year old married woman who enjoys spending time with her family and friends. Hobbies include reading, knitting, gardening, cooking, music, movies, and outdoor activities. She was fairly healthy before the collision and since then has not as active as she was before. She must perform daily exercises at home just to manage/maintain her symptoms and avoid flare ups in addition to her ongoing treatment.
After attempting to work with the AIG Insurance Company and its experienced claims representatives, KN evaluated her legal options and decided she would need an seasoned attorney to ensure that her expenses were reimbursed. KN hired prominent Seattle car accident attorney Chris Davis.
Mr. Davis is the founder and principal personal injury lawyer of the Davis Law Group and has had substantial success working with his clients to negotiate reasonable financial settlements with major insurance companies, despite meeting resistance from most claims representatives.