Aurora Ave / SR 99 Car Accident Lawyers & Personal Injury Attorneys
Anyone who lives in Seattle and frequently drives on State Route 99 (SR99), which is also Aurora Avenue, knows how dangerous this road can be. Aurora Avenue is frequently the site of motor vehicle accidents and pedestrian collisions.
Highway 99 / Aurora Avenue is dangerous because:
- Traffic on highway 99 moves at a high rate of speed--often 50mph;
- There are numerous traffic lights on parts of Aurora Avenue causing frequent stops;
- There is long section of Aurora with no traffic lights where traffic speeds tend to increase;
- Many pedestrians walk along the side of the road or cross the street;
- There are a number of blind curves on Aurora Avenue;
- Highway 99 travels on the Alaskan Way Viaduct and merges with bridge traffic;
- Bicyclists frequently ride on the shoulder of Aurora Avenue;
Aurora Avenue Accident Statistics
According to Seattle Transportation Department records, between April 2005 and March 2008, there were 1,581 accidents on Aurora Avenue. That averages about 46 accidents per month. And between 2002 and 2006, 35 pedestrians were struck while jaywalking on Aurora Avenue North.
Legal Consultations For Aurora Avenue / SR 99 Accident Victims
If you or a loved one has been injured in an automobile accident on Highway 99 or Aurora Avenue, you may be entitled to significant compensation under the law. Davis Law Group has been named Best Injury Law Firm in Washington State by AI Legal Awards and Best Personal Injury Law Firm in Washington State by AI Dispute Resolution Awards.
To get outstanding assistance with your car accident case, call Davis Law Group now toll free at 206-727-4000. Schedule a free legal consultation.