Upon impact, C.B.’s body was violently jolted and tossed around the inside of the vehicle. His head was thrown forward and then snapped backwards, bluntly striking against the seat/headrest of the vehicle. He recalls his head striking against the dashboard and then springing back into the seat’s headrest. D.L. was negligent when he failed to be attentive while driving a vehicle, watch for traffic ahead, drive responsibly, and otherwise obey the rules of the road. As a direct result of D.L.’s negligence, C.B. sustained injuries to his neck, back, and wrists. A summary of his injuries and treatment are outlined below.
• Cervical strain/sprain with in tenderness, pain, muscle spasms, and limited range of motion. Whiplash injury with resultant ligamentous instability, acceleration of spinal disc disease, and radicular symptoms. MRI reveals multi-level disc bulges
• Back strain/sprain tenderness, pain, muscle spasms, soreness, tightness, and decreased range of motion (thoracic and lumbar regions) with resultant ligamentous instability and acceleration of spinal disc disease. Radiating pain down leg - sciatica.
• Shoulder pain, tenderness, muscle spasms and decreased range of motion
• Wrist (right) contusion with pain, tenderness, and decreased range of motion
• Hip contusion with pain, tenderness, and increased discomfort with movement
• Sleep disturbances/fatigue
C.B. hired auto accident attorney Chris Davis the Davis Law Group to manage the insurance claim, settlement negotiations with State Farm Insurance Companies, etc.
*Initials rather than names are used to protect the identity of the parties.