In June of 2004 KY was slowing down her vehicle for traffic ahead on 116th Ave in Kirkland, WA, when she unexpectedly rear-ended by AB. Upon impact, KY was forcefully jolted and tossed around the inside of her vehicle. Her head was violently thrust forward and then snapped backwards, directly striking against the headrest. Her knee was also smacked against the driver’s side door and her body was slammed against the restraint of her seat belt.
Kirkland Police responded to the accident and cited AB for following too closely. Washington State Law provides that the drivers on the road have the duty to exercise ordinary care and avoid causing a collision. AB was driving carelessly when decided to follow too closely behind KY.
As a direct result of AB’s negligent driving, KY sustained injuries to her back, neck, jaw and chest, and among many other physical and emotional damages. A summary of her injuries are listed below.
Car Accident Injuries
• Cervical strain/sprain, spinal subluxations with tenderness, pain, muscle spasms, and limited range of motion. Whiplash injury resulting in acceleration of spinal disc disease and ligamentous instability.
• Back strain/sprain and spinal subluxations with tenderness, pain, muscle spasms, and limited range of motion. Resultant acceleration of spinal disc disease, ligamentous instability and sciatica down her leg.
• Left and right shoulder strain with pain, tenderness, muscle spasms, and limited range of motion. Pain mainly radiating from neck.
• Jaw pain and tightness
• Chest tightness and discomfort
• Sleep disturbance/ fatigue
• Myalgia and myositis
KY is a 21-year-old woman who enjoys spending time with her family and friends. She has been involved in dancing for many years and was a full time teacher at a local dance school, teaching ballet and tap dancing. Due to her injuries from the crash, KY is no longer able to teach dance because she is physically unable to perform the required movements.
After working with the other driver's insurance company and insurance claims adjustors to try to negotiate a fair and reasonable settlement on her own KY finally decided that she needed to enlist the help of an experienced personal injury attorney like Chris Davis at the Davis Law Group in Seattle.