In August 2008 at approximately 4:15 p.m. MT and his daughters were traveling northbound on Interstate 5 just north of Michigan Street in Seattle, Washington. As MT. slowed their vehicle for traffic congestion ahead, they were unexpectedly struck from behind by William Fallon. KK was a front seat passenger. The impact pushed MT’s vehicle forward into the car ahead of him. Washington State Patrol responded to the scene and upon investigation cited Mr. Fallon for DUI. (See Exhibit 1 – Accident Report and property damage photos)
- Cervical strain/sprain with in tenderness, pain, muscle spasms, and limited range of motion. Whiplash injury with resultant ligamentous instability and acceleration of spinal disc disease.
- Right wrist injury (hyper-extension) with pain, tenderness, and decreased range of motion
- Left ankle contusion with pain, tenderness, and decreased range of motion
- Exacerbation of prior elbow injury – tennis elbow
- Sleep disturbances/fatigue
MT now seeks damages incurred as a direct result of the injuries he sustained in the accident. In order to ensure that he received sufficient compensation for his medical expenses and loss of enjoyment of life, MT hired Seattle pedestrian accident lawyer and personal injury attorney Chris Davis. Mr. Davis is the founder and principal attorney of Seattle-based Davis Law Group and has had substantial success negotiating with Safeco Insurance claims representatives for just reimbursement and financial compensation. Mr. Davis was able to find many factors in MT's case that supported a substantial non-economic damages claim.