Washington law provides that the drivers on the road have the duty to exercise ordinary care and avoid causing a collision. See RCW 46.61.445 and Washington Pattern Jury Instruction (WPI) 70.01. AH was negligent when she failed to be attentive while driving a vehicle, watch for traffic, drive responsibly (obey traffic signs), and otherwise obey the rules of the road.
As a direct result of AH's negligence, JH sustained injuries to her head, face, neck, back, and associated body structures. A summary of her injuries and treatment are outlined below:
- Close head injury – concussion – with associated head pain, nausea, vertigo
- Cervical strain/sprain with in tenderness, pain, muscle spasms, and limited range of motion. Whiplash injury with resultant ligamentous instability and acceleration of spinal disc disease
- Back strain/sprain with tenderness, pain, muscle spasms, and limited range of motion (thoracic and lumbar regions) resulting in ligamentous instability and acceleration of spinal disc disease.
- Shoulder pain, tenderness, muscle spasms, and reduced range of motion
- Temporomandibular Joint pain (TMJ)– jaw pain with muscle tension and discomfort
- Pain in left forearm
- Pain on left side of face
- Left wrist pain and tenderness
- Sleep disturbances/fatigue
JH is a 23 year old woman who enjoys spending time with her family and friends. Hobbies include gardening, running, playing with her dog, music, movies, and outdoor activities. She takes care of her parents who both suffer from partial paralysis, which is a full time job in its own right.
This accident disrupted and changed JH's life. She was unable to perform her usual everyday tasks such as household chores and yard work. Her ability to care for her parents has been complicated due to her injuries. JH’s 83 year old father requires twenty-four hour care, a task requiring JH to maintain her health and energy at all times. She feeds, baths, toilets, does the housekeeping and all transportation for doctor appointments. Her mother is incapacitated and also requires full time care. JH is their primary caregiver and she receives no outside help.
With insurance companies proving increasingly stalwart, JH hired Seattle car accident lawyer Christopher Davis to help her recover expenses accumulated from her accident, injuries and resulting treatment.
As the founder and principal personal injury attorney at Davis Law Group, Mr. Davis has had notable success working with GEICO Insurance in the past and obtaining fair and acceptable reimbursement for his clients.