What Are The Types Of Distracted Driving Accidents?
- General distraction: The primary cause of these accidents is a driver's attention wandering away from the road.
- Cell phone use: The top electronic distraction for drivers is their cell phone.
- Another person, object or event: Looking at another driver or watching something along the road causes many accidents.
- Other occupants: Passengers in your vehicle that draw your attention away from the road can cause a collision.
- Reaching for a device: Even going for your cell phone can lead to accidents.
- Eating or drinking: Having a snack (or a full meal) behind the wheel is a bad idea.
- Changing radio or climate controls: These quick actions can be deadly.
- Adjusting controls: Even moving the seat, mirrors or seatbelt is dangerous.
- Moving objects: Objects such as pets can make you take your eyes off the road.
- Smoking: Only about 1 in a 100 accidents are related to lighting or smoking a cigarette.
Chris Davis is the founder of Davis Law Group, P.S. in Seattle, WA.