- There are more than 100 vehicle-into-building crashes every day.
- As many as 16,000 people are injured and as many as 2,600 are killed each year in the United States. That means 46% of storefront crashes result in injury and 8% result in death.
- Every day in the US more than 20 convenience stores are struck by vehicles. That’s more than 7,300 convenience store crash incidents each year.
- During the four year period between 1991 and 1995, there were 1,500 crashes into 7-Eleven stores in the US.
- Forty-one percent of all vehicle-into-building crashes are caused by driver confusion or "pedal error."
- There are more than 550 vehicle-into-storefront accidents reported in the news media each year.
Source: Insurance Institute for Highway Safety and the Storefront Safety Council.