Wrongful Death Statistics
According to the CDC, there are approximately 121,000 deaths each year that are the result of unintentional fatal accident. Statistics indicate that more than 26,000 deaths occur due to falls, while nearly 33,700 deaths occur in motor vehicle collisions, and poisoning causes the deaths of more than 33,040 individuals.
According to statistics from the Fatality Analysis Reporting System (FARS) there are more than 37,000 fatal motor vehicle collisions each year in the United States. The sudden loss of a loved one due to an automobile accident caused by a negligent driver is devastating. When a family member’s life is suddenly cut short the grief and feelings of loss can be overwhelming.
Common Causes of Fatal Accidents
- Motor Vehicle Accidents
- Motorcycle Accidents
- Bicycle Accidents
- Pedstrian Accidents
- Struck By An Object
- Medical Malpractice
- Work-Related Injuries
- Animal / Dog Bites
- "Fatality Analysis Reporting System (FARS)." National Highway Traffic Safety Administration. US Department of Transportation.
- "The Autopsy , Medicine, and Mortality Statistics." Centers for Disease Control. Department of Health & Human Resources, 1 Mar. 2011. Web.
- "Fatal Injury Reports, National and Regional, 1999 - 2013." WISQARS Fatal Injury Reports. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, National Center for Injury Prevention and Control. Web.
- Davis, Christopher M. The Essential Guide To Wrongful Death Law in Washington State. First ed. Seattle: Word Association, 2010. Print.
- "Washington State Washington State: County-by-county Comparision of Factors Involved in Traffic Fatalities." Washington Traffic Safety Commission, Traffic Research and Data Center. Washington State Department of Transportation. Web. .
- "Traffic Safety Facts, Washington State, 2009-2013." National Highway Traffic Safety Administration. US Department of Transportation. Web. 12 Oct. 2015.
- "Insurance Institute for Highway Safety (IIHS)." IIHS-HLDI: Crash Testing & Highway Safety. Insurance Institute for Highway Safety (IIHS). Web. .
- "National Highway Traffic Safety Administration Office of Vehicle Safety Research." National Highway Traffic Safety Administration. US Department of Transportation. Web. 12 Oct. 2015.