People that hire a lawyer get a settlement that is 3.5 higher than people who do not have an attorney.
You Need An Attorney If....
- You were injured.
- You have received medical treatment for your injuries.
- You have missed work, school, or employment opportunities due to medical treatment visits or an inability to work.
- You were not the driver of the at-fault vehicle.
- You were a passenger in the at-fault vehicle and did not contribute to the cause of the accident in any way.
- You were a pedestrian stuck by the at-fault vehicle.
- You were the driver or a passenger in a vehicle that was struck by the at-fault vehicle or another vehicle in the chain-reaction.
- The insurance company is trying to claim that you are partially responsible for an accident that was caused by someone else’ negligence.
- You prefer to focus on recovering from your injuries rather than dealing with the insurance company and their adjustors.
- The insurance company is disputing the necessity of some of your medical treatment...they say that you do not need some of the treatment that your doctor's have recommended.
- Your claim is against a government entity or corporation.
- The insurance company claims that you are not injured or that you 'should have healed by now'.
- The insurance company is trying to blame some of your injuries on a past accident or other medical conditions.
- The insurance adjustors are relentlessly calling and harassing you.
- The insurance adjustor is pressuring you to agree to a settlement before you have finished treatment for your injuries.
- The insurance company wants you to attend an independent medical examination or functional capacity evaluation.
You Don't Need A Lawyer if...
- You were in a minor fender bender.
- You were not injured in the accident.
- You recovered within a few days after the accident.