After you’ve been involved in a serious motorcycle accident, you’re probably wondering how you’ll pay for medical expenses and make up for the income you missed while away from work. A qualified motorcycle accident attorney like Chris Davis help injured people such as you recover fair and reasonable compensation after such incidents.
People who hire an attorney after an accident receive 3.5 times more in settlement money on average than people without representation. Attorneys that are knowledgeable about claims such as yours give you a tremendous benefit when going up against big insurance companies.
But not all attorneys are the same. The difference between what the right motorcycle accident lawyer can get for you and what an inexperienced, ineffective lawyer will do is night and day. Make sure you do the following things to make sure you have the right person fighting for you.
1. Start looking for an attorney ASAP: If your injuries don’t prevent you or a loved one from beginning this process, it’s never too soon to look for representation. Unfortunately, insurance adjusters sometimes trick victims into making statements after an accident, mistakes that can greatly reduce or eliminate the entire value of the claim. Consult with a lawyer first if in doubt.
2. Find an in-state attorney that practices personal injury law: If your accident took place in Washington State, contact an attorney in Washington State. Most attorneys are not licensed to practice outside the state in which they are located. Also make sure you’re looking for a personal injury attorney with experience handling cases such as yours. For example, a divorce or civil rights attorney isn’t the best person to handle your motorcycle accident claim.
3. Check the attorney’s reviews: Not only should you check an attorney’s track record in terms of settlements and experience, but read what former clients have written online. Facebook and Google are two of the best places to find reviews. Don’t just look at the star rating, however. Look at the totality of the reviews to get a clear picture.
4. Consult with several attorneys: Hiring an attorney is a major decision and one that should not be taken lightly. There are probably at least a couple options in your area, and it’s a good idea to have a phone or in-person conversation with several different law firms. During these meetings (which should be free of charge), get a feel for the attorney and the type of people there. Beware of an aggressive lawyer that wants to settle fast. That is never the best strategy in a motorcycle accident case.
5. Select your attorney: After you’ve done all your research and met with several attorneys, it’s time to choose one. If you’ve selected the right attorney, you will feel like you have the experience, knowledge and work ethic on your side to win your case.
Davis Law Group, P.S.
Over the past 20 years, Davis Law Group, P.S., has successfully helped countless victims of motorcycle crashes caused by negligent drivers. Davis Law Group offers a free evaluation of your case and will never take a fee until you win your case.
If you were injured or lost a loved one in a Washington State motorcycle accident, call (206) 727-4000, use the chat feature below or fill out the form on this page to get started.