Grace was a back seat passenger in a friend’s car. Grace’s friend rear-ended another vehicle at about 30 to 40 miles per hour.
Grace, 16 years old at the time of the accident, was wearing her seat belt. She hit her head on the head rest. The impact caused her to lose consciousness.
The police were not called for the collision, despite the fact that the vehicle was a total loss.
Grace suffered extensive injuries in the wreck.
- Cervicalgia: neck pain that occurs toward the rear or the side of the cervical (upper) spine.
- Post-concussion syndrome: Grace experienced headaches, dizziness, fatigue, irritability, anxiety, insomnia, loss of concentration and memory.
- Major depressive disorder
- Adjustment disorder
- Cognitive deficit in attention or concentration
- Soft tissue injuries to the neck: treated with chiropractic therapy and acupuncture
Grace’s medical bills were not cheap, and with the ongoing nature of her injuries, Davis Law Group made sure to take care of her with a sizeable settlement.
Ultimately, attorney Chris Davis and his legal team secured a $135,000 settlement for Grace and her family. Most of the settlement money came from a claim with Grace's family's uninsured motorist coverage.