In December of 2015, a 94-year-old woman was inside a marked crosswalk proceeding with the WALK signal in her favor when she was tragically killed by a King County Metro bus.
While inside the marked crosswalk the victim had the right-of-way over the King County Metro Transit bus. But the driver failed to yield. She was pinned under the bus and dragged some distance before she died from blunt force injuries to the head, torso and extremities. She was pronounced dead at the scene.
After filing a lawsuit against King County Metro, Davis Law Group successfully negotiated with the county on behalf of the greiving family and reached a pre-trial settlement of $1,350,000.
Click here to get more detailed information about his case.
- Settlement Reached In Case Of An Elderly Pedestrian Killed By King County Metro Bus
- Seattle-Area Pedestrians vs. King County Metro Buses
- Metro Bus Lawsuits Cost King County Millions to Settle
- Two Seriously Injured in King County Metro Bus Accident
- TV NEWS: Attorney Chris Davis Shares Legal Insight on Failing Metro Cameras Q13