Updated on: 2/23/2019
How Big Is The Wrong-Way Driving Problem?
Yesterday we reported that Wrong-way Driving Accidents Are Still A Huge Danger In Washington State. This was a follow up to our 2008 feature entitled Wrong-way Driving Accident Epidemic In Washington State.
We reviewed Washington State Patrol accident reports over the last eighteen months.
We found at least thirteen (13) wrong-way driving accidents reported by WSP between October 2010 and February 2012.
The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration reports that there are approximately 350 deaths annually from wrong way collisions. Thousands more are injured. From 1996 through 2000, 1,753 people died in wrong-way crashes on the Nation's freeways.
Wrong-Way Accident Reports & Stories
On a whim we decided to review all of our past reporting of wrong-way accidents and we were surprised to find numerous articles and reports on the subject. Here are just a few of them.
- Wrong way driver strikes motorcyclist
- Woman heading wrong-way on I-5 crashes into police car | Seattle Injury Lawyer
- Wrong-way, DUI collision on Highway 99 leads to arrest
- DUI wrong-way head-on collision injures two in Parkland
- Two injured in DUI wrong-way crash near North Bend
- Four injured in Spokane wrong-way collision
- Woman Who Drove Wrong Way on I-5 Charged with DUI
- Seattle-area Hero Dies Trying To Help Victims of a Wrong-way Car Accident
- Yet another wrong-way accident in the Seattle area
- Wrong-way accidents in Washington State
- Seattle P-I Reports Wrong-Way Crashes on the Rise
- Several People Injured In Wrong-way Driving Accident On I-5 in Federal Way
- Wrong-way driving accidents on I-5, I-405, I-90 and other major highways in Washington State
- Elderly Woman Killed in Wrong-Way Crash On SR-3
- Woman hospitalized after being hit by wrong-way driver near Mill Creek
- Wrong-way driver injured in I-5 crash
- One dead in wrong-way collision on I-90
- Wrong-way driver causes wreck on Snake River bridge
- One dead, three injured in wrong-way collision on I-90
- Elderly Driver causes crash on I-5 Driving Wrong-way
- One Dead after Wrong Way Crash on I-5