The 51-year-old Gig Harbor resident was killed in the crash last night on Highway 302. Her passenger was also injured. She is 14-years-old.
The driver of the other vehicle, 63, was also injured.
The fatal collision is under investigation.
Davis Law Group sends sincere condolences to the friends and family of the woman who was killed in the accident.
2010 Car Accident Statistics• There were more than 5.5 million car accidents in the United States. Nearly 31,000 were fatal, and more than 2 million people were injured.
• The majority of fatal crashes involved only one vehicle (61 percent).
• Nearly half of all fatal crashes occurred on roads with posted speed limits of 55 mph or higher.
• The deadliest month for car crashes was August. More than 2,864 fatal crashes occurred in 2009.
• Most crashes happened between 5 and 5:59 p.m. on weekdays, and between 2 and 2:59 a.m. on weekends.
• Motor vehicle crashes were the leading cause of death for children and teenagers.
• At any given moment, 812,000 vehicles were being driven by someone using a handheld cell phone in the U.S.
• An average of four children, ages 14 and under, were killed every day in auto accidents. Nearly 500 were injured daily.
• While statistics continue to improve, 32 percent of fatal accidents involved alcohol-impaired drivers.
• About 31 percent of fatalities were caused by speeding (10,591).