Updated on: 3/7/2019
If you or a loved on have been injured in an accident, you call Seattle Attorney Chris Davis and the team at the Davis Law Group, P.S., because you need legal aid and answers about your personal injury claim.
But if you have never needed a personal injury lawyer you might not even know what kinds of questions you should be asking an attorney.
Below are some common questions that injury victims frequently ask. Feel free to print out this page and use it as a checklist during your free legal consultation and/or mark the questions that are most important to you so you don't forget to ask them during your visit to our office.
Questions To Ask During A Consultation
- What is your legal experience in this area of the law?
- Have you handled matters like mine before?
- Do you have any similar cases now?
- What is the personal injury legal process like?
- How will my medical bills get paid during the legal process?
- What are the possible outcomes of my case?
- What are my alternatives in resolving the matter? (settlement negotiations, trial, mediation, arbitration, etc.)
- What kind of approach will you take to resolve the matter?
- Approximately how long will it take to resolve this matter?
- What specifically does a lawyer and his staff do for personal injury cases?
- What are my responsibilities as the client? What do I need to do?
- What are your fees? What does contingency fee mean?
- What other legal expenses might there be?
- How will you keep me informed of progress?
- How often will you contact me?
- Do I need to call/e-mail to check up on things?
- Who else in the office will be working on my case?
- What about my property damage claim?
By the end of your free legal consultation we will have answered all these questions and more.