Updated on: 10/12/2018
The following are the twelve worst nursing homes in King County Washington, according to U.S. Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS)*.
These facilities received only a one-star or two-star overall rating (one out of a five possible stars) for quality of care from the CMS evaluations--which compiles detailed information about every Medicare and Medicaid certified nursing home in the country.
Seattle-Area Nursing Homes With Very Low Ratings
A one-star rating indicates that, when considering health inspections, staffing measures, fire safety inspections and the quality of resident care, the facilities' overall rating was "much below average". Two-stars indicates "below average".
One-Star Rated - Nursing Homes That Are 'Much Below Average'
- Kindred Nursing and Rehabilitation - Arden, 16357 Aurora Avenue North, Seattle, WA 98133
- Renton Nursing and Rehabilitation Center, 80 Southwest Second Street, Renton, WA 98057
- Talbot Center for Rehab & Healthcare, 4430 Talbot Road South, Renton, WA 98055
Two-Star Rated - Nursing Homes That Are 'Below Average'
- Advanced Post Acute, 414 - 17th Southeast, Auburn, WA 98002
- Canterbury House, 502 29th Street Southeast, Auburn, WA 98002
- Covenant Shores, 9107 Fortuna Drive, Mercer Island, WA 98040
- Cristwood Nursing and Rehabilitation, 19301 Kings Garden Drive North, Seattle, WA 98133
- Hallmark Manor, 32300 First Avenue South, Federal Way, WA 98003
- Paramount Rehabilitation and Nursing, 2611 South Dearborn, Seattle, WA 98144
- Designated Special Focus Facility (SFF) - If a nursing home has a history of persistent poor quality of care, as indicated by the findings of state or Federal inspection teams, it can be considered a Special Focus Facility (SFF). This means that the facility is subjected to more frequent inspections, escalating penalties, and potential termination from Medicare and Medicaid.
- Richmond Beach Rehab, 19235 - 15th Avenue Northwest, Seattle, WA 98177
- Seattle Medical Post Acute Care, 555 16th Avenue, Seattle, WA 98122
- The Springs At Pacific Regent, 919-109th Avenue Northeast, Bellevue, WA 98004
*Based on data available on November 10, 2017.
Nursing Home Negligence Attorneys
If a family member has suffered due to nursing home neglect, the Davis Law Group can help you. We have the skill and experience necessary to represent you. Call (206) 727-4000 to begin the FREE evaluation of your potential claim.