A crash that left a 34-year-old Yelm motorcyclist dead was caused by a suspected drunk driver, according to the Thurston County Sheriff’s Office. The incident occurred Saturday night at 148th Avenue Southeast and Solberg Road Southeast outside of Yelm.
The drunk driver – a 32-year-old Yelm man – was arrested and booked into jail for investigation of vehicular homicide.
Police said that the drunk driver was in a pickup truck traveling east on 148th Avenue Southeast and hit the westbound motorcyclist. The motorcyclist was pronounced dead at the scene.
Reports say that the pickup truck was in a ditch after the crash and the drunk driver was trying to get out.
How To Spot A Drunk Driver
- Drivers that are turning with a wide radius
- Placement in their lane – straddling the center of the road or lane maker
- Appearing to be drunk – someone’s eyes are gloomy and red, their posture is inexistent, or they are drinking while they drive
- Signaling that does not match driving behavior (right turn signal on, but turning left)
- Nearly hitting an object or another vehicle on the roadway
- Weaving through traffic unsafely or zigzagging
- Swerving or abruptly turning away from a straight course
- Turning illegally
- Slow response to traffic signals or signs
- Driving 10 mile per hours UNDER the speed limit
- Stopping for no reason
- Randomly braking for no apparent reason
- Headlights are off when it is dark out
- Driving into opposite or approaching traffic
Helping Drunk Driving Accident Victims
If you have suffered due to the negligence of a drunk driver, our attorneys at Davis Law Group, P.S., may be able to help you obtain the compensation you deserve to help cover expensive medical bills, lost wages from work, and pain and suffering. Call (206) 727-4000, use the chat feature below or fill out the contact form on this page for a free case evaluation.