Updated on: 3/6/2019
January 25, 2019 - A video camera inside the Sound Transit bus captures the moment of impact during a collision involving a semi truck and a bus at the intersection of Traffic Avenue and Thompson Street in Sumner, WA. A box truck not visible on the video was also involved in the accident. Accident scene photos are also available at the bottom of the page.
A Davis Law Group paralegal commuting to work was on the bus at the time of the collision. She and several other commuters were injured in the crash.
Bus/Semi Truck Accident Details
- Date: January 25, 2019
- Time: 6:13am
- Location: Traffic Avenue and Thompson Street in Sumner, Pierce County, Washington State
- Accident: The bus had the green light and that and the semi continued through the intersection at a high rate of speed and hit the coach on the passenger’s side front.
- Semi Truck: K K W Trucking, Inc.
- Box Truck: Perez Plumbing, Inc.
- Bus: Sound Transit, 596, Bonney Lake to Sumner Station
- First Responders: East Pierce Fire & Rescue
- Injuries: At least 8 people reportedly injured. Bus driver transported to Samaritan Hospital.
Semi vs Bus Accident Photos
Photo Credit: Pierce Transit / Washington State Transit Insurance Pool