Updated on: 11/25/2019
One person was injured in a collision involving a semi truck and passenger vehicle on State Route 26 near Othello on Wednesday night, according to the Washington State Patrol.
The incident occurred just before 9 p.m. at milepost 40, about one mile west of Othello.
State Patrol says a 54-year-old Mattawa man driving a Kenworth semi truck with two trailers was traveling on Moon Road. He made a right turn onto eastbound SR 26 and proceeded to cross the center line, colliding with a westbound Toyota Camry.
The Camry, driven by a 21-year-old Othello man, went off the road and landed on its top. The man was taken to Sacred Heart Medical Center in Spokane for his injuries. The driver of the semi was not injured.
The cause of the collision remains under investigation. The driver of the semi was charged with having his vehicle over the center line.
Location of the Crash
Settlements for Semi Truck Accident Victims
Many victims of semi truck accidents ask us, “What is my case worth?” Semi truck accidents are unlike most other types of motor vehicle collisions — the injuries are greater, the property damage is more severe, and the insurance complications are more difficult to handle.
Here is a sampling of some of Davis Law Group’s settlements for accidents involving a semi truck or commercial vehicle.
- $3 Million Settlement for Deadly Commercial Vehicle Crash: We recovered a $3 million settlement on behalf of a married couple who was killed in a high-speed collision with a commercial vehicle in Washington. The sons of the deceased hired our after extensive attorney research.
- $2 Million Settlement Recovered for Semi Truck Crash Victim: Our attorneys successfully negotiated a settlement of more than $2 million for a young man who was seriously injured after his vehicle was struck by a semi-truck on Interstate 5 in Seattle.
- $1.05 Million Settlement for Car Crash Victim with Broken Leg: We recovered a $1.06 Million settlement for MJT, who suffered a broken leg and also contracted MRSA after being injured in a motor vehicle collision. The defendant's insurance company attempted to blame our client for the crash.
- $775,000 Settlement for Fractured Neck After Truck Crash: Cathy was a passenger in a pickup truck with her husband behind the wheel that was rear-ended by a freight truck.
- $335,000 Settlement for Truck Crash Victim with Fractured Vertebrae: We recovered a $335,000 settlement for Nick, who suffered a fractured sacrum and vertebrae in an accident with an asphalt truck. The truck driver attempted to make an illegal u-turn at a turnaround only meant for emergency vehicles.
If you have suffered injuries due to a negligent trucker or trucking company, you need legal representation due to the difficulty and extent of such collisions. Do what thousands of Washington residents have done and turn to award-wining personal injury attorney Chris Davis and the Davis Law Group.
Contact us today for a free case evaluation. Call (206) 727-4000, use the chat feature below or fill out the form on the contact page.