Two people were injured in a collision involving a semi truck Monday night on State Route 243 near Mattawa, according to the Washington State Patrol.
The incident occurred around 8:15 p.m. about eight miles south of Mattawa in Grant County.
A 47-year-old Canadian man driving a Peterbilt semi truck south on SR 243 reportedly drove off the highway. The man overcorrected, causing the flatbed trailer to lose its load and roll and strike a northbound Toyota Camry.
The semi driver was not injured. A 68-year-old man and 61-year-old woman, both from Mattawa, suffered minor injuries and were taken to Kadlec Medical Center in Richland.
WSP cited the semi truck driver for wheels off the roadway.
State Route 243 was blocked for several hours.
Location of the Collision
Damages Recoverable in a Semi Truck Accident Case
Semi trucks accidents can be devastating, and even those able to walk away from a crash scene are left with thousands of dollars in bills. While the criminal justice system punishes at-fault drivers, accident victims must pursue compensation themselves through the civil suit process.
Victims are able to recover financially for the following things:
- Medical bills: Injuries in truck accidents are usually severe and life-changing. These costs can include hospital visits, surgical fees, ongoing or future care, at-home care, physical therapy, etc.
- Disability: If a truck accident left you or a loved one with permanent injuries, you can get compensation for adaptations to your home (wheelchair ramps, railings, etc.).
- Lost wages: Victims of these accidents almost always miss time from work. If your work ability was at all impacted by the wreck, you can recover compensation for that time.
- Loss of earning potential: If you can’t work or act like you did before the accident, economists and other experts can determine how much you should be paid.
- Pain and suffering: Sometimes difficult to calculate, pain and suffering takes into account the pain of the injuries and the potential suffering you went through during treatment and rehabilitation.
There are other damages available to victims in truck accident cases. Discuss any questions you might have with an experienced lawyer with a track record handling these types of cases.
Washington State Truck Accident Attorneys
Seattle-based Davis Law Group, P.S., has handled many truck accident cases and won clients the large settlements they deserve. If you or a loved one has been injured in a commercial truck or semi truck accident, contact our office today at (206) 727-4000.
You can also fill out the confidential form on this page or use the chat feature below.