Updated on: 3/6/2019
If you believe you see someone on the roadways that appears to be intoxicated, you can and should report it to the police.
There are specific signs to look for when spotting a drunk driver.
Follow These Clues To Spot A Drunk Driver
- Drivers that are turning with a wide radius
- Placement in their lane – straddling the center of the road or lane maker
- Appearing to be drunk – someone’s eyes are gloomy and red, their posture is inexistent, or they are actually drinking while they drive
- Signaling that does not match driving behavior (right turn signal on, but turning left)
- Nearly hitting an object or another vehicle on the roadway
- Weaving through traffic unsafely or zigzagging
- Swerving or abruptly turning away from a straight course
- Turning illegally
- Slow response to traffic signals or signs
- Driving 10 mile per hours UNDER the speed limit
- Stopping for no reason
- Following other drivers too closely
- Randomly braking for no apparent reason
- Headlights are off when it is dark out
- Driving into opposite or approaching traffic
Once you call the police, they will handle it from there. Try and write down their license plate if you can. By reporting a drunk driver, you may safe the lives of many people on the road!
Davis Law Group, P.S., reminds you to always use a taxi or have a designated driver if you have been drinking. Never drink and drive. It is not worth your life or someone else's.
If you or someone you know has been seriously injured in an accident caused by an impaired driver, contact the drunk driving accident lawyers at Davis Law Group at (206) 727-4000 to schedule your free legal consultation.